Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Broadband

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Does anyone have recommendations for business level broadband for a small dublin-based web company. It has to have high upload speed ( > 6Mb/s) and a low contention ratio and yet not cost a bucket load. Also we would need to have multiple IP addresses.
    We've been looking at the BT business packages which seem pretty good but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

High upload of greater then 6MB but not cost much, thats going to be hard, whats your price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Smart Telecom offer 5Mb/5Mb for Business at €625 ex VAT per month

I'm sure that they do custom solutions too

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/business_broadband.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

BT Business is very reliable. Had it in the house here for 6yrs and never a problem with it. Always got full whack speed wise.

Don't know if anywhere will do 6mb upload within a decent price range though. Never come accross it personally but that don't mean someone on here won't know something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FickleHorse

Yeah I realise those type of speeds are difficult to come by without forking out a lot of cash. Originally our price range was 400 - 600 month ex vat which as I've found from searching, is not possible when high upload speeds are involved. Also BT doesn't seem to list upload speeds which is making me think it's prob around the 1 or 2 Mb/s mark. That Smart deal seems like a good one though.

Currently we are sharing a line which has 12 up 13 down with a number of other companies, and while the up speed is good the quality of service is pretty bad and it's gone down a good few times. While we'd like to have our own line with decent speeds we will probably end up going with our back-up plan which is to just go with an inexpensive line as back-up for when our current line goes down, but that's a bit more difficult to set-up.

Thanks for the quick replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

PM me if you want to have a chat about the Smart solution. Would not be fair/appropriate for me to pimp the service in open forum! :)

(Scared of mods!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Digiweb can provide up to 10Mb upload on low contented or dedicated services also - I can provide details if you wish - again, I won't post here for the same reasons as Crawler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FickleHorse

That Digiweb metro plan with 2 Mb upload doesn't seem too bad for 165 a month. Couldn't find the one with 10 Mb though.

Does anyone know how good the Metro service is?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

as per previous post, PM me if you want further details on Metro solutions

Advertisement