Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBX

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    Not sure if this is the most apt forum so if not please move.
    First off all, I have some very minor "web admin" experience on configuring extension numbers etc from a few years ago but no actual set up experience.
    We currently have a PBX supported by a division of Eircom.
    We've been advised its old and needs to be replaced (it is in fairness)
    This is the situation.
    We have approximately 24 extensions (at most we will ever only have 30) and 2 fax lines (which I think are coming off the PBX)
    I believe there are a number of ISDN lines (unsure of which type) coming into the PBX from the outside.
    All users have voicemail, there are a number of "pickup" groups, call transfer and call forward are options available to users. There are also a number of shortdial numbers available to the users which when they dial them on their phones they will call one of our other offices main numbers (this I think is configured at the PBX end)
    The potential biggist issue I have is that the internal phones are connected to the PBX through RJ 11. Rewiring for Cat5 for the phones is not an option (rewiring at all isn't an option to be honest).
    Ideally, I'd like to be able to do remote admin on the PBX using a browser (I can wire a RJ45 to the box)

I've two companies quoting for the work but I believe what I am being offered from one is overkill for this relatively small office.
    Can anyone advise of a PBX that will fulfil what I am looking for or a company they would recommend to approach for a quote?
    Thanks and regards,
    Kippy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Panasonic TDA 30 would do nicely or the new pan NCP would give you the option of IP phones extensions down the line ...(literally:D)
    The wiring wont be a problem phone will run quite happily over that cable..
    Remote admin is possible using a DDI but its no mean feat to administer and get it to do what you want,,Panasonic dealers go on training courses for such things..
    Your in galway?..Dont know anyone over that direction.. but try your Golden pages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hi Kippy,

Wiring a PBX through Cat5, Cat6, Cat 3 or the old school ways doesnt really make the job any harder. Remote maintenance can also be done either over a VPN or as other users have said through DDI's or through good old fashiosned analogue ports. Id be delighted to quote for the system if not to get the job but to show you a another quotation so thet you can see if your getting value for money.

We are Toshiba Authorised partner and offer to be honest excellent PBX's..! Ive worked with Panasonic and Siemens and I personally think the Tosh are the best. A) They look cool, B) They have all the features needed including VOIP etc C) they are very aggressivly priced and D) Their Japenese!!

On a serious note though Id be happy to help you find a system to suit regardless of whether we installed, Voice Video Data is our passion and we just want to make sure people buy and have the best.

PM me for details

Fusion Networks

Advertisement