Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro cannot see wireless

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I've just had NTL installed. During installation the tech used my MacBook Pro to connect and sort out the setup. Everything worked well for a few hours.

Later that evening I was unable to connect to the network - when I tried it would throw a "connection error". After a little while the network was not visible. Typing in the SSID manually would get me either a connection timeout or a network unavailable error.

I've tried switching everything off and on again in every conceivable order and way with no luck.

I've tried changing the security type on the router from WPA-2 Personal through different levels of security to none at all.

I've tried static IP as well as DHCP.

I've tried making the network hidden, no luck there either.

I've installed iStumbler - it can't see the network either.

I've accessed the airport utility that's hidden deep in the bowels of the system - airport -I showed that it's working well.

I CAN see and access other networks nearby. Luckily one of them is wide open but I do prefer to pay my own way.

A linux machine in our house can see and access the network perfectly, my iPod Touch can also see and access with no issues and a windoze machine can do the same. It's only the MBP that is having the problem.

I have a D-Link router, searching around has shown a number of users with similar problems with the D-Link but also with Linksys routers.

I'm hoping someone here has managed to resolve a similar issue and can give me some more pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Still have issues with hidden SSIDs on 10.5.5.

Try changing the channel number (1-11). And, dare I suggest it, try a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

Forgot those two - yes I've also updated to the latest version of MacOSX and tried changing channels.

Advertisement