Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Built a new house a couple of years back and have never bothered with broadband till now.
    No Wireless or Mobile broadband service available to me so im going to get a line put in. Do i just ring Eircom and ask them to connect my house up to the network at a cost of roughly €120, then i can choose which provider to sign up with !?

When Eircom connect me, do i actually get a phone number from them or from whatever provider i sign up to? Thinking of going with BT 6Mb........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You may be able to get a phone like, but id imagine it will be alot more then 120€ as far as i know thats just a connection fee. If there is physically no copper wire connection to the mast type things then i'd imagine the price is going to be huge. Also the speed of the broadband line you can get depends on how close you are to your exchange. The further you are from it the slower it will be. Max rang is started at being around 7-8km from the exchange.

Advertisement