Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RLWC - Ireland Fixtures/Times

• 25-09-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Right folks we're getting to that time... Yes we may be in the group of death against the Samoans and Tongans (what is it with irish rugby, both codes, and groups of death?)...but we've got some very useful players and I'm reliably informed that the team is training well and there's a great buzz around the camp...so, dates for your diaries....

Mon 27, Oct. Tonga V Ireland, 7:55 am, SS1

Wed 5, Nov. Ireland V Samoa, 6:30 am SS1

Other Pool Games to watch for....

Sun 26 Oct, Australia V NZ, 8:55am SS2

Fri 31 Oct, Samoa V Tonga (this one's going to be huge). 7:45am. SS2.

Sun 2 Nov, Australia V England (NRL V SL ,can't wait). 8:30am SS1

Sat 8 Nov, England V NZ, 9:00 am. SS2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Might have to miss a bit of work to fit our games in, the NRL v SL should be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

DigiDec wrote: »
    Might have to miss a bit of work to fit our games in, the NRL v SL should be good too.

Aye, me too, but hopefully be worth the dodge!

24 man squad to be announced at 2pm on Tues. 7th. October

Yeah, should be good, will keep an eye out for the squad, will be interesting to see if the media over here have much on about the RLWC.

England: Keith Senior, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Jamie Peacock (captain), Gareth Ellis, Kevin Sinfield, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Lee Smith (all Leeds), Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Leon Pryce, James Graham, James Roby, Maurie Fa'asavalu, Jon Wilkin (all St Helens), Rob Purdham (Harlequins), Mark Calderwood, Mickey Higham, Gareth Hock (all Wigan), Martin Gleeson, Adrian Morley, Ben Westwood (all Warrington), Jamie Langley, Paul Sykes (both Bradford).

Australia: Terry Campese (Canberra), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith), Michael Crocker (Melbourne), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Israel Folau (Melbourne), Paul Gallen (Cronulla), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle), Justin Hodges (Brisbane), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Manly), Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast), Darren Lockyer (captain, Brisbane), Joel Mongahan (Canberra), Josh Perry (Manly), Steve Price (New Zealand Warriors), Scott Prince (Gold Coast), Billy Slater (Melbourne), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Brett Stewart (Manly), Glenn Stewart (Manly), Brent Tate (New Zealand Warriors), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Anthony Watmough (Manly), David Williams (Manly).

New Zealand: Nathan Cayless (Parramatta, capt), Adam Blair (Melbourne), Greg Eastwood (Brisbane), David Fa'alogo (South Sydney), Nathan Fien (NZ Warriors), Dene Halatau (Wests Tigers), Lance Hohaia (NZ Warriors), Krisnan Inu (Parramatta), David Kidwell (South Sydney), Thomas Leuluai (Wigan), Jeff Lima (Melbourne), Isaac Luke (South Sydney), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sika Manu (Melbourne), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), Steve Matai (Manly), Sam Perrett (Sydney Roosters), Sam Rapira (NZ Warriors), Jerome Ropati (NZ Warriors), Setaimata Sa (Sydney Roosters), Jeremy Smith (Melbourne), Iosia Soliola (Sydney Roosters), Manu Vatuvei (NZ Warriors), Brent Webb (Leeds).

• Advertisement

Any news on the full Ireland squad yet?

Ireland Squad: Ross Barbour (Carlow Crusaders), Bob Beswick (Widnes), Damien Blanch (Wakefield), Mick Cassidy (Barrow), Ged Corcoran (Sheffield), Lee Doran (Leigh), Liam Finn (Dewsbury), Simon Finnigan (Bradford), Karl Fitzpatrick (Salford), Steve Gibbons (London Skolars), Sean Gleeson (Wakefield), Scott Grix (Wakefield), Gareth Haggerty (Harlequins), Ben Harrison (Warrington), Graham Holroyd (Halifax), Wayne Kerr (London Skolars), Stuart Littler (Salford), Shannon McDonnell (Wests Tigers), Michael McIlorum (Wigan), Eamon O'Carroll (Wigan), Michael Platt (Bradford), Pat Richards (Wigan), Ryan Tandy (Wests Tigers), Brett White (Melbourne Storm).

Great to see Wayne Kerr and Ross Barbour in there, a good strong squad. Roll on the end of the month!

I hope we can surprise one or two people, hopefully we can get a couple of wins, it would be great for the lads out there.

Good Lord!!!! Shock horror....some coverage on the rte site!!!!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2008/1008/ireland.html

Amazing alright!! Never see anything about RL on RTE site or Aertel for that matter.

• Advertisement

Scotland: Chris Armit (Canterbury Bulldogs), Danny Brough (Wakefield Wildcats, captain), Dean Colton (Doncaster), Paddy Coupar (Edinburgh Eagles), Gavin Cowan (Wests Tigers), John Duffy (Widnes Vikings), Ben Fisher (Hull KR), Andrew Henderson (Castleford Tigers), Ian Henderson (Auckland Warriors), Kevin Henderson (Wakefield Wildcats), Jack Howieson (Sheffield Eagles), Paul Jackson (Huddersfield Giants), Wade Liddell (Brisbane Easts), Scott Logan (Canberra Raiders), Neil Lowe (Keighley Cougars), David McConnell (Leigh Centurions), Duncan McGilvery (Wakefield Wildcats), Iain Morrison (Widnes Vikings), Gareth Morton (Widnes Vikings), Mick Nanyn (Oldham), Lee Paterson (Widnes Vikings), Michael Robertson (Manley Sea Eagles), Jon Steel (Hull KR), Oliver Wilkes (Wakefield Wildcats).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

As someone who knows absolutely jack about RL, have we any chance of getting out of our group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ya never know. The main concern would be to get out with their heads still attached to their shoulders tbh

As someone who knows absolutely jack about RL, have we any chance of getting out of our group?

We're in with Tonga and Samoa, some exceptionally talented players and some very, heavy hitters. It'll be a big, big ask...Samoa in particular could seriously upset some of the big boys.

Its going to be very hard, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol Wayne Kerr just got interviewed on the Channel Ten sports news over here. They focused solely on his name and how he deals with it! :D

No way! :D I laughed my nuts off when I saw his name :P Hope there's a youtube clip of it soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Crusaderjim

Get that youtube clip!! Here's another article: Only a few days until I fly out!!!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/features/rugbyleague.html

It took me a few times to get the joke, here I was "whats the problem with his name" and then it clicked, :D

Only a few days until I fly out!!!
    **** you :P

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    **** you :P

+1, with knobs on! Enjoy you lucky,lucky sod....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Crusaderjim

Ha! You're dead right..i'd hate me too! Just after booking a trip to Frasier Island in between the 2 group games...I believe one hell of a time is going to be had! Keep an eye out for us-i'm sure we'll be a very small group of Irish supporters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah man you'll have a crackin time on Fraser. I was there last Christmas and it was probably the coolest place I've ever been. Enjoy!

Advertisement