Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

De-cat

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Was thinkin about getting a decat system for my car mainly for the power increase but i dont want it to be loud, im leavin the backbox standard but im just wonderin will it sound loud?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

yes itll get a bit louder, but you could change the standard backbox too for a performance one with a silencer ;) also no need to totally strip out the car you can also get performance ones that keep most of the cat qualities but with none of the performance lost ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

It wont be much louder, but you will get a slight rasp off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what car is it? you can look into high flow cats as well, there available for some performance cars and do the same thing but keep the car within emissions limits so ya dont have to keep putting the cat back in for the nct

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

draffodx wrote: »
    what car is it? you can look into high flow cats as well, there available for some performance cars and do the same thing but keep the car within emissions limits so ya dont have to keep putting the cat back in for the nct

Its a G6R corolla, its the best way i can think of increasing power without spending crazy money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Johnathon

I replaced the cats on my car with a catless Y pipe and if deffinatly helped with performance. I believe it lost some of the bottom end but it deffinatly made up for it up top.

I also noticed a good bit more rasp, but I like rasp. Some people don't however and it drives them insane.

Johnathon

• Advertisement
Advertisement