Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Work Bike Rack

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

How for my wheels to get damaged from this crappy work bike rack ( sorry I don;t have a photo but try and imagine a really sh**ty bike rack )? Some eedjit with a rusty bike stole my usual parking spot in work today ... I fear for my wheel ... they really should know this is my territory ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

How for my wheels to get damaged from this crappy work bike rack ( sorry I don;t have a photo but try and imagine a really sh**ty bike rack )? Some eedjit with a rusty bike stole my usual parking spot in work today ... I fear for my wheel ... they really should know this is my territory ...

You're allowed vandalise any bike that takes your parking spot... it's the law!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I have a secret hiding place in the basement. Don't trust the bike racks in our place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

can you move it? if it's that old and rusty chances are it's not even locked :D
    I used move bikes out of 'my' place all the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kenmc wrote: »
    can you move it? if it's that old and rusty chances are it's not even locked :D
    I used move bikes out of 'my' place all the time :D

It's locked with an even older and rustier chain. I feel real sorry for the bike tho, it's a very very neglected 70's Peugeot racer, I'd love to nurse it back to health, but the frame is way too big ... so I can't even steal it.

I guess i can always try and get to work early on time to get my spot back tomorrow ...

It's locked with an even older and rustier chain. I feel real sorry for the bike tho, it's a very very neglected 70's Peugeot racer, I'd love to nurse it back to health, but the frame is way too big ... so I can't even steal it.

I guess i can always try and get to work early on time to get my spot back tomorrow ...

Put a big snotty notice on the frame say "Excuse me, but you appear to be in my spot. Do this again and I will kill you.... I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

-Love, Caroline"

Then spraypaint your name behind the spot so it's clear that it's your personalised place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Stick a sign in front saying reserved for ceo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

"Dear bicycle owner. Thank you for donating your old bicycle to our crack addict rehabilitation scheme. A crack addict will collect your deposited bicycle this morning, and bring it to our workshop where the bike will be stripped for parts, re-sprayed and sold for profit in another part of the city. If you have already locked it, don't worry, our team are fully trained in the liberation of most commercial locking sytems.

From the crack addicts rehab programme of Dublin, we say 'Thank You' for making a difference.

Have a great day"

Stick this sign up over your parking spot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I never put my wheel in the slot of a bike rack at work. If I need to use one then I lean chainstays against the outside of the slot which gives me a bit more confidence that my wheel isn't going to be buckled.

stuf wrote: »
    I never put my wheel in the slot of a bike rack at work. If I need to use one then I lean chainstays against the outside of the slot which gives me a bit more confidence that my wheel isn't going to be buckled.

Ditto :)

Advertisement