Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lorem ipsum in the wild

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

We're all used to seeing "Lorem ipsum" on templates or website prototypes, but not out in production. Well, my favourite local authority, Fingal County Council, wants to buck the trend.

Their excellent Millennium Playground in Blanchardstown has a few map signs inside the park. Unfortunately they don't seem to have been reviewed very well before being erected.

I have emailed them asking what the language is :p I look forward to the reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Rofl! That's actually printed and erected and no-one noticed?

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You couldn't make that up! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Jesus Christ!

That made my day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Hahaha classic... only in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

They replied this morning saying that the sign is permanent but the info is only a draft. Still amateur.

My favourite line in the reply:
    The language used is Latin, this may change.
    may change??

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

daymobrew wrote: »
    They replied this morning saying that the sign is permanent but the info is only a draft. Still amateur.

My favourite line in the reply:
    may change??
    ROFL, gotta love the civil service response.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

LMAO - just gets better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I remember my very first question in uni in first year was in a C++ tutorial (I know, it's hard to believe from my posts here I have any backround in this stuff!!!), was what did that part of the code do, "Lorem ipsum"!!!

The poor auld prof just laughed at me 'cos I was even more confused after he explained it! :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that is quite possibly the funniest thing i've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

The sign is funny.
    Their response is hilarious!
    Any chance you can keep the correspondence going and maybe get a few more gems out of them? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

CuLT wrote: »
    ROFL, gotta love the civil service response.

We are public servants* :). Civil servants work for the government. Council workers work for the public, in theory.

* No I don't work for fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Class. Also, what are 'walways' ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This sounds like a story the press might find interesting. I dont think they knew fully what you were saying to them tbh. Very funny all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Cremo wrote: »
    that is quite possibly the funniest thing i've seen.
    Pity theres no pity button beside the thanks button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I thought we where going to be greener :pac: how did a printer not even spot this.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

This is absolutely hilarious. :D:D:D

This must have been seen by dozens of people before finally being erected and I can't believe nobody spotted it.

Priceless!!

Advertisement