Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest home heating oil at the moment

Options
  • 25-09-2008 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

Right, it's cold at the moment and a thread on the sligo forum got me thinking about heating oil. apparently it's cheap(ish) at the moment so i was wondering where in galway does a good deal (wasn't there a cartel busted recently?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 risk

The cheapest would be in your neighbors tank. All you need is a length of hose and a mouth like a Thai hooker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aoraki

You've probably answered this for yourself by now, but I did a check there recently myself and the cheapest I could find was Geoghans Oil in Tuam, 74 cent per liter of kerosene. Claddagh Oil and Corrib Oil were both at 75 cent, and the dearest was Statoil, at 78 cent.

This is by no means a comprehensive list, you might find cheaper still (and if you do I'd be interested in knowing who that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

If there's anyone out there who can't afford to pay out a big lump, a solution is to get a couple of 5 gallon containers and go up to Corrib Oil (for example) and fill them up yourself. It's very handy when the cash is low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

We done a ring around all a few weeks ago and got best deal from Connell Oil at €600 for 1000 litres.

Clada's advertising campaign seems to be indicating that they're cheapest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Andrea B. wrote: »
    We done a ring around all a few weeks ago and got best deal from Connell Oil at €600 for 1000 litres.
    Clada's advertising campaign seems to be indicating that they're cheapest.

That's 60c per litre - can't be right, does it include VAT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Sorry, was €800 and at time all others where at or above €830 :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's closer to market rates, i thought Connell Oil were being charitable there!
    I've found Connell have always been competitive on price in the past

If anyone comes across any discounts such as 5% off from any supplier, could you post them here..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement