Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave has been ruined - Thinking of go card

Options
  • 25-09-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

guys i have been using ripwave for more then 2 years, it has been good to me. Got what i paid for, 50k downstream on everything specially torrents, now since the cap i cant even run torrents, as soon as i open my torrent client everything shuts down, cant even open msn then. I am thinking of ibb's go card since it has an unlimited d/l allowance and from what i hear runs on the same signals as ripwave. cant get a proper adsl conn, since there is no running fone line in my apartment, there r wires indicating a phoneline and a socket but its dead and since i am a student i cant afford the costs of geting a fone line up and running. tried to get ntl too but they dont provide bb where i live. need advice from all you guys here should i go for the 'Go Card' or is there something better available, opinions abt go card would be appreciated if there r go card users here. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The GO card needs a much better signal. As it is exactly Ripwave with a smaller aerial and less placement flexibility, I'd be surprised if it works as well. I'd also be surprised if they don't change the T&C on it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

sgallagher wrote: »
    guys i have been using ripwave for more then 2 years, it has been good to me. Got what i paid for, 50k downstream on everything specially torrents, now since the cap i cant even run torrents, as soon as i open my torrent client everything shuts down, cant even open msn then. I am thinking of ibb's go card since it has an unlimited d/l allowance and from what i hear runs on the same signals as ripwave. cant get a proper adsl conn, since there is no running fone line in my apartment, there r wires indicating a phoneline and a socket but its dead and since i am a student i cant afford the costs of geting a fone line up and running. tried to get ntl too but they dont provide bb where i live. need advice from all you guys here should i go for the 'Go Card' or is there something better available, opinions abt go card would be appreciated if there r go card users here. Thank you

Nothing came into place to block torrents or anything of the sort however if you are going over your useage for the month then your connection will be limited to 10Kb/sec as per the terms and conditions.

Advertisement