Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speeding Ticket - From Spain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

B11gt00e wrote: »
    OP. The big question here is -

Did the rental company take your passport details as well as those on your license when you hired the car? - by photocopier perhaps.

Your address isn't on your passport.

OP, bin it. Scam.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

Originally Posted by B11gt00e viewpost.gif
    OP. The big question here is -

Did the rental company take your passport details as well as those on your license when you hired the car? - by photocopier perhaps.
    galwaytt wrote: »
    Your address isn't on your passport.

It's nothing to do with the address.

Quite a few countries have integrated intelligence systems which can allow customs and border professionals to see anything that has been flagged on a passport.

Any outstanding tickets will remain flagged indefinitely and one won't be allowed to enter/exit a border until payment is received on the spot.

Obviously, more serious offenders may be entitled to free B&B.

... Hence the passport question to the OP.

Note: Above statement is a commentary on border procedures adhered to within certain countries. The internal debate within this thread hypothosizing the validity of the ticket is a whole unrelated hornets' nest to this remark.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

glynf wrote: »
    Hi DubGF,

Igot a similar letter today-my dad signed for it and opened it-have not soon it yet, all in spanish with a pic of a hire car I had in seville back in spain & 140 euros mentioned on it though.

two questions:

What did you do for a finish-did you contact theGuards or thespanish consulate?

Did you/can you recieve penalty points?
    Its bad netiquette to post to an old thread. I'll leave it unlocked given the number of replies however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I got a fine from the Austrian police 2 years ago for driving at 41kmh in a 35kmh zone.

They can feck off sure didn't they give the world Hitler.
    Whatever works for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Hi guys,

I paid it. I emailed someone at the site I referenced and they sent me a link to an English language site to pay by CC, cant remember the link now.

Reminds me actually, I never got the cash from the other lads that were with me!!

I am with B11gt00e on this one, as I intended to travel to Spain after recieving this I thought it best to pay it.

I have been back since and had no problems, so I guess I will never know if not paying it would of had any affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

kbannon wrote: »
    Its bad netiquette to post to an old thread. I'll leave it unlocked given the number of replies however.

Sorry-rusty netiquatte.:o

thanks cml387 & DubGF, will try admin. contact and look for link.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I would have ignored and see if they send another letter.

Can rental companies automatically deduct speeding fines from your credit card without permission? Was in Italy a few weeks ago & "sleeping police' everywhere & did take me some hours to figure out what they were :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

What he should be asking is, if it is indeed a hoax, how the hell did they get his details ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Ring the hire company and ask them did they pass on your details.
    That said i'd just bin it

• Advertisement
Advertisement