Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Breeze problems!!

Options
  • 25-09-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm having very poor reception from the above service coming off the Saggart transmitter. I've enquired a few times and they say that there's a problem and they're working on it but it's going on and on!
    I'm paying €48.00 per month for this! Can they still charge this even though the service is not up to standard?
    Looking on this forum there doesn't seem to be a reliable service at all in this country!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Have you only started having these issues recenty?

Ive been having problems with Breeze the last few days.
    However im not positive its Breeze. Ive had viruses on my computer. Im struggling to get rid of them but i think they are all gone now.. yet my internet is still slow.. Damn viruses seem harder to get rid of as time progresses.

Anyone else having issues with breeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MYTOTE

Ive just heard irishbroadband are putting a 10g download limit to their sercice. Apparently 5% of the users are taking up 95% of the space. I'm kinda miffed. They have taken the latest DD (from ulsterbasnk) before informing me of the change.
    So I guess I'll dump the ripwave and hold on the 3G thing.
    Since IB have improved the service I have had far more connection failures than usual!!!
    Anybody else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Gel wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm having very poor reception from the above service coming off the Saggart transmitter. I've enquired a few times and they say that there's a problem and they're working on it but it's going on and on!
    I'm paying €48.00 per month for this! Can they still charge this even though the service is not up to standard?
    Looking on this forum there doesn't seem to be a reliable service at all in this country!

There are still ongoing issues with the Saggart highsite - this isn't IBB's fault as it's interference coming from somewhere else. Unfortunately trying to sort out interference issues on an unlicensed spectrum can be a lengthy ordeal. Your best bet is to call customer care after the issues have been resolved and request a credit on your account for a month's loss of service. They'll happily do this for you as the service hasn't been up to scratch lately.

It's not as if they've forgotten about it though, radio planning work constantly to overcome these problems but you have to understand that contacting any wireless operators in the area, trying to find out what frequencies they're broadcasting at etc can be a lengthy process. They will sort you out, just bear with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MYTOTE wrote: »
    Ive just heard irishbroadband are putting a 10g download limit to their sercice. Apparently 5% of the users are taking up 95% of the space. I'm kinda miffed. They have taken the latest DD (from ulsterbasnk) before informing me of the change.
    So I guess I'll dump the ripwave and hold on the 3G thing.
    Since IB have improved the service I have had far more connection failures than usual!!!
    Anybody else feel the same?

Those new Ts and Cs are only coming into effect now and it will take time to weed out the greedy torrenters that are making the service quite slow for everyone else, it won't happen immediately though. The connection and download rates will slowly start to improve over time.

Advertisement