Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much to do a brand new interior?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I have been offered a newish Jaguar which was petrol bombed but put out before the fire did any damage to the engine & body. Would get it really cheap, would it be much to kit out an entire new interior?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Does the car still run? You would have to be really careful with it. If the wiring loom has been burnt through you will have a huge job. Personally I wouldnt touch it, could cost an absolute fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

I'll sell you a 01D X-Type Irish one not imported with 65k on the clock. Silver 2.5 SE recent full service and four new tyres (about a month ago). Excellent car full leather and all that jazz. Reason I'm selling I want to bike to work now to save some commute time.

Let you have it for 10k absolute steal I've not advertised this yet just getting it cleaned up this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

engrish? wrote: »
    I have been offered a newish Jaguar which was petrol bombed but put out before the fire did any damage to the engine & body. Would get it really cheap, would it be much to kit out an entire new interior?

The wiring loom would more than likely have to be replaced plus it would be almost impossible to get the prggy dell of burnt interior removed from the car. The car is probably being sold off dirt cheap because it is an insurance wright off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It would be a nightmare im sure. Depends on what damage was done and what such a car would be worth in perfect condition. It would need to be got at giveaway money regardless as the repair costs will certainly go through the roof.

You say inside is destroyed, that would mean all new glass and trims. Roof skin could also be dodgy as very little insulation from fire there. Are you sure the fire is confined to the interior? Has it got to anything that is not interior plastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Tha would easily cost beween 5-10k I could hazard a guess, but It would be crazeyyyyy thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd be most worried about how the fire was put out than the damage itself. If water was used, you're going to be plagued with electrical problems for the remainder of the cars life. The owner would be best parting out or stripping the rest of the car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TheBlock wrote: »
    I'll sell you a 01D X-Type Irish one not imported with 65k on the clock. Silver 2.5 SE recent full service and four new tyres (about a month ago). Excellent car full leather and all that jazz. Reason I'm selling I want to bike to work now to save some commute time.

Let you have it for 10k absolute steal I've not advertised this yet just getting it cleaned up this weekend.

Have a look at this. Looks very similar, only a lot cheaper, and with less miles.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Jaguar/X-Type/2.5-V6-C/200821188912463/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look at this. Looks very similar, only a lot cheaper, and with less miles.

Nice, that car must be sitting on that forecourt along time, look at the original sticker price on the windscreen. €17,995 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

They did one of these on Discovery Turbo, Wrecks to Riches.
    It turned into a way bigger job than they thought. Aswell as the fire damage, the wiring and rest of interior was ruined with water damage and roof needed replacing.
    They spent weeks trying loads of scrap yards trying to find a complete matched interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats gotta hurt:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement