Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of foreign heads Biden has met.

Options
  • 25-09-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/23/meetings_with_foreign_leaders.html
    As of September 23, his office says, he has met with the leaders of nearly 60 countries, territories and international organizations (such as the United Nations and NATO.) The list of names runs to about 150 people -- including nine Israeli prime ministers (ten if you including prime minister designate Tzipi Livni), four Soviet leaders and two Russian presidents, a few kings and a queen (of England), Pope John Paul II and the Dalai Lama, and even a few tough guys like Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi and Serbian president Sloban Milosevic.

But the important question is can he see their country from his house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Ireland
    Prime Minister Bertie Ahern (June 1997 - Present)

Posted at 7:24 PM ET on Sep 23, 2008

hmmm :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

And I've sat down to lunch with British Royalty, and know a Jordanian Royal well enough to have his personal email address. I've met a couple of Presidents/Prime Ministers to a level higher than waving at them on the street. Doesn't mean to say I know a hell of a lot about their countries, policies, or themselves. That list of people met is about as relevant as saying that they've visited Ireland, when it was a Shannon Stopover. Technically accurate, but doesn't really mean very much.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

And I've sat down to lunch with British Royalty, and know a Jordanian Royal well enough to have his personal email address. I've met a couple of Presidents/Prime Ministers to a level higher than waving at them on the street. Doesn't mean to say I know a hell of a lot about their countries, policies, or themselves.
    but you probably still know more than palin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Hobbes wrote: »

But the important question is can he see their country from his house?

:D

Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

axer wrote: »
    but you probably still know more than palin.

As much as Axer's comment made me laugh, there is a point in it MM.

Sorry dude, but she [Palin] is extraordinarily out of her depth. Comically so. So comical that it stopped being funny weeks ago. Every new interview I witness, I am just left staggeringly bewildered with and end up asking myself in disbelief if US voters are seriously considering giving McCain their approval based on the horrifyingly incompetent, evasive (and dare I say blissfully ignorant) performance of this brutally underwhelming politician.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That list of people met is about as relevant as saying that they've visited Ireland, when it was a Shannon Stopover. Technically accurate, but doesn't really mean very much.
    Well, I am still trying to understand why Palin at 44 years of age has only had a US Passport for one year of her entire life, yet claims to be competent in foreign relations? This was a real shocker for me! At first blush, it would seem that most of her life has been living in the isolation of the remote State of Alaska? Granted that visiting nations on official business or tourist capacities does not make you an expert, but it would seem to me that someone just mildly interested in foreign relations would have traveled in over four decades?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Maybe they had more pressing places to go on their family vacations than Europe or Asia? We get bugger-all free time in the US, I'm finding my vacation time is spent fulfilling family obligations rather than going where I want to go abroad on my holidays.

NTM

Advertisement