Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car heater Problem/Query

Options
  • 25-09-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question regarding the heater in a 96 Almera I'm using as a runaround.

With the heater on it's highest setting the air out of the vents is warm, but not hot. But if I turn to the right the blown air immediately gets hotter, then lowers down again when driving straight ahead.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just a quick question regarding the heater in a 96 Almera I'm using as a runaround.

With the heater on it's highest setting the air out of the vents is warm, but not hot. But if I turn to the right the blown air immediately gets hotter, then lowers down again when driving straight ahead.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Check your coolant level. I'd say it's low... Be careful, wait until the engine is cold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Will check it out, thanks.

I topped up the overflow tank with coolant, but still have the problem.
    Should I try to 'burp' the system?
    Start the car from cold, with the rad cap off and the heater control on full and wait for any air to vent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Is it diesel or petrol?

The correct way to bleed it is to open the bleed screw (10mm bolt just above the thermostat) when the engine is off. Pour water into the rad cap until the bubbles coming from the bleed screw change to a steady stream.

It's a 1.4 petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedijonvtec

get your thermostat checked out . when mine went, the heat in me car fluctuated all over the place. cold one minute , hot the next. thermostat was sticking ??:confused:

The temp is not fluctuating, it's cold when the dial is set to cold and warm when set to hot. It only feels really hot when I'm turning the car to the right, (on a roundabout for example).

The temp guage in the car never moves much above cold, even after a long drive on a hot day.

Advertisement