Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8gb - edit active standby?

• 25-09-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭

is there any way to remove the text items under the icons in active standby?

16003.jpg

so in the image above, remove the search, calendar and wlan scanning links but leave the icons?

And if that's not possible, how do I edit the calendar link to not show calendar items? ie my calendar link is showing me an entry for the 1st Oct? I've set it to alarm that morning, so it shouldn't show until then. edit : (And it's not showing calendar entries for the 27th and the 29th, so why pick that particular entry to show?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I don't think you can edit the layout in any way which is annoying as I have a N95 which can't but my free 6300 from work can!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

no you cant remove them, and afaik it shows the next upcoming reminder only...even if its months away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

no you cant remove them, and afaik it shows the next upcoming reminder only...even if its months away!

wrong...
    Let me check... Gotta find the link! There's a hack/mod to do as you please... S.o. Posted the link at ixplora a while back - I'll check!
    Later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

O.k...
    It's pretty hardcore - not what you call a tweak ;)

but for a cleaner active standby screen visit:
    http://www.n95users.com/forum/software-hacks/13686-clean-active-standby-screen.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks strecker but I think I'll pass on that solution - don't want to mess the phone up. Easier to turn the damn thing off - altho' I'll prob. miss the icons the text was driving me batty, particularly the share online and the calendar reminders. I've an alarm on them already, I don't need a constant reminder? I'm really liking the phone, but not being able to customise this "feature" is just daft.

• Advertisement
Advertisement