Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Tour of Ireland Jersey

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Can the An Post Tour of ireland jersey be purcahsed any where in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

barrabus wrote: »
    Can the An Post Tour of ireland jersey be purcahsed any where in Dublin city centre?

The Official Jerseys can be got here -if you mean the An Post/Sean Kelly Team jerseys, they can be found in Cycleways on Parnell St

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Does any one know where you would get the An post team gear ie jersey shorts long sleeve jersey .

Read my first reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭amjon

The Official Jerseys can be got here

what a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Does any one know where you would get the An post team gear ie jersey shorts long sleeve jersey .

Cyclesways sell them as the owner of cyclesways owns spin 11 the company that makes the an post jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

They'd only a medium Seán Kelly/An Post SS jersey last time I was in, but very reasonably priced @ ~€50

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

amjon wrote: »
    what a rip off
    We already had a thread on this; it's 95 _dollars_, the jersey is €60- this is not too bad for a good quality jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Read my first reply?

I did read im not looking for the leaders jerseys im looking for the team kit

if you mean the An Post/Sean Kelly Team jerseys, they can be found in Cycleways on Parnell St

Important bit emboldened to try and make it more clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

And what about the An Post/Sean Kelly Team jerseys? Where can he get them? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

And what about the An Post/Sean Kelly Team jerseys? Where can he get them? :D

And how much are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Raam wrote: »
    And how much are they?

And also where can they be purchased?

I'd be interested in a An Post/Sean Kelly Team jersey rather than the Tour of Ireland one myself. Any tips on where I could pick one up and how much it might cost would be appreciated.

I take a medium, what sizes are widely available?

blorg wrote: »
    I'd be interested in a An Post/Sean Kelly Team jersey rather than the Tour of Ireland one myself. Any tips on where I could pick one up and how much it might cost would be appreciated.

I take a medium, what sizes are widely available?

I'm not sure...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's an interesting issue on the jersey wearing etiquette front. I mean they're a domestic team, so are you liable to be mistaken for one of them?

el tonto wrote: »
    It's an interesting issue on the jersey wearing etiquette front. I mean they're a domestic team, so are you liable to be mistaken for one of them?

I've seen a few guys wearing them lately. They don't look like team members though.

el tonto wrote: »

If I were to wear one (providing I could find out where to buy one), then no, I wouldn't be mistaken... if Raam were to get one, maybe :)

ps, I hate you guys now!

If I were to wear one (providing I could find out where to buy one), then no, I wouldn't be mistaken... if Raam were to get one, maybe :)

ps, I hate you guys now!

You can get 'em in Cycleways. It's a bikeshop in town.

My un-shaven legs would give the game away though. Actually, now that I'm joining a club, this is something I'm going to have to address and come to terms with pretty soon.

Raam wrote: »
    You can get 'em in Cycleways. It's a bikeshop in town.

My un-shaven legs would give the game away though. Actually, now that I'm joining a club, this is something I'm going to have to address and come to terms with pretty soon.

Shaving, or looking like a proper cyclist?

Just wax -it's easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

what r a jerzey?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Shaving, or looking like a proper cyclist?

Just wax -it's easier!

Waxin's expensive. Philips Bodygroom for the win.

If I were to wear one (providing I could find out where to buy one)
    ...and how much they cost.

I dunno, I guess I would go by the rule that it is OK to wear the jerseys of defunct teams or current teams on the Continental Circuits. ProTour, Grand Tour GC and KoM jerseys are a no no. Continental teams such as Garmin-Chipotle invited to the grand tours may be questionable, while the likes of Milram and Lampre are acceptable as they are no good. All French ProTour teams are acceptable under this rule.

An Post/Sean Kelly is a small enough team so as to be acceptable.

Could we be mistaken for the points winner in Tour of Ireland if we went for that green one? I think there is an argument that you are just going for something green, not making a statement as to your sprinting abilities. Maybe I'll do that instead. If only I knew where I could get one and how much they cost!

blorg wrote: »
    ...and how much they cost.

I dunno, I guess I would go by the rule that it is OK to wear the jerseys of defunct teams or current teams on the Continental Circuits. ProTour, Grand Tour GC and KoM jerseys are a no no. Continental teams such as Garmin-Chipotle invited to the grand tours may be questionable, while the likes of Milram and Lampre are acceptable as they are no good. All French ProTour teams are acceptable under this rule.

An Post/Sean Kelly is a small enough team so as to be acceptable.

Could we be mistaken for the points winner in Tour of Ireland if we went for that green one? I think there is an argument that you are just going for something green, not making a statement as to your sprinting abilities. Maybe I'll do that instead. If only I knew where I could get one and how much they cost!

Garmin is allowed on the power of the argyle!

Yeah, it's a dilly of a pickle not knowing where to get the kit... if only someone knew...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

cycle ways are sold out.
    Dont need to get it now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

post office workers were given them - they were sending them out to "enthusiastic cyclists"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Garmin is allowed on the power of the argyle!

Yes it is. And also because I got one

Advertisement