Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Shillelagh

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All

Myself, girlfriend and our little guy (16mts) are thinking of moving to Shillelagh Co Wicklow from Dublin, we found our dream home there but would love some info about the place from locals living their if possible, there is no shillelagh community website that i could find so i guess this is the next best thing.

Whats the story with schools and creche/day care, also is there a soccer club i saw they have a GAA club. Whats it like to live there generally, supermarkets, eating and drinking out, gym etc.. I have family in Cummer, Wexford not too far away but love some insider knowledge on life in the village. Do many comute to Dublin, I timed mine and its an hour which is fine and i believe there is a new road linking Castledermot to the Carlow bypass anyone know when this will be complete?

Many Thanks :)

Comments

Maybe try the Wicklow forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Senan

can u move it for me or show me how to?

Moved from Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

Senan wrote: »
    Hi All

Myself, girlfriend and our little guy (16mts) are thinking of moving to Shillelagh Co Wicklow from Dublin, we found our dream home there but would love some info about the place from locals living their if possible, there is no shillelagh community website that i could find so i guess this is the next best thing.

Whats the story with schools and creche/day care, also is there a soccer club i saw they have a GAA club. Whats it like to live there generally, supermarkets, eating and drinking out, gym etc.. I have family in Cummer, Wexford not too far away but love some insider knowledge on life in the village. Do many comute to Dublin, I timed mine and its an hour which is fine and i believe there is a new road linking Castledermot to the Carlow bypass anyone know when this will be complete?

Many Thanks :)

Senan hi
    My parents live in Shillelagh. (not originally from there, so not biased.) With regards to supermarkets and such things people generally go to tullow which is not far. For drinking out there are a couple of pubs in the village and they are regularly visited by tourists so all are welcome. With regards to eating out I highly recommend Sha Roe in nearby Clonegal (a taxi ride if drinking!) It was awarded a "mini Michelin Star" last year-basically Michelin star quality food for under €40!!!
    With regards to the soccer, there are 2 clubs, Shillelagh Utd and Celtic Stars, the former playing in the Wicklow Premier League. My dad is on the board of the GAA club

PM me if you have any further questions-whereabouts is the dream home??

Advertisement