Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any info good and bad on the a&k m249 para

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

does the stock rotate is one thing i am wondering cause look at these[URL="javascript:popupWindow('http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/popup_image.php?pID=179')"]gun_072.JPG
    [/URL]
    and look at the stock in this one
    para%20a%20n%20k.jpg
    also if anyone that has one of these could please tell me all the goods and bads of this gun thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

I have the Mk11, solid gun. The quick change barrel can be temperamental. Hop is utter crap, can be fixed easily. The box mag requires mods to function reliably again very easy to do. The stock on the para folds out by pulling it back and twisting it 90 degrees. When deployed the para stock is solid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

any advice on how to fix these problems dude thank so much for the reply

Have a read of this
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/797/cat/2/page/1
    Note that the hop up chamber I got was machined better than that in the review but I did have to replace the little nub its to short. I replaced my box mag with this http://www.uncompany.com/images/mag-249-cartpouch-camo_big.jpg it dose not have the sound activation but it has the same 2500 capacity but is about half the size of the original mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

I did a Review a while back, but I dont know if this is any help at all
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316399

thanks man but thats the mk I

• Advertisement

amaughan wrote: »
    thanks man but thats the mk I

There all basically the same gun with different barrels and stocks.

I would recommend any of the guns to anyone to be honest. I would also recommend that you don't go cheap when buying a sling for it, I have a ca m249 sling plenty of padding and strong clips at the ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

I have the para. Its a beast, and i have had no props with it. It comes with a handy rail on the dust cover, which you can mount a scope or a red dot on it. Also you will need a quailty sling on it, cos its a heavy piece. The spring is well easy to change out in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Is there any other Support AEG's out there around the same Price of the A&K 249 ??
    I want another one or something different?

I'm tempted to buy the Para as I love the stock.
    I've already got a MII.

At first I thought the rate of fire was not great but after comparing it
    to some of my other AEG's its great with the higher voltage battery.
    very very nice ROF.

My Box mag does not feed/work right and I tried following the instructions for the fix
    but got lost quickly. I've only used it with standard Magazines which wobble a bit
    when inserted.

The ABS/Plastic I would love to age or make a bit more realistic looking it looks
    a little to new.

The barrel drove me nuts and I dont trust it. The Area that is used to lock it in place
    is not the best. Got pics here:

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/M249MKII/?start=all

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres the STAR M60, bullets.
    i think it was redwolf were selling it off cheap and it was comming to something like 200-250 to your door.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Any reasonable Gympi's out there? now that would be a piece of kit.

• Advertisement

mine is perfect so far even the hop up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tomd

My one is grand, except I don't have a battery yet (it's a para, so am using the cranestock of the compact seal to try it out and it was deadly.

Got sold the wrong one somewhere, but I think they thought it was a MkII as opposed to a para that I had.

I'm not sure about the sound control feeder - whether it's working, but on the auto it's fine.

I'll have to play a bit with the hop up, couldn't really try it out cos it was windy and wet yesterday at HRTA. I was using the handle as my sight/target guide :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tomd

oh and you need to get a proper 249 sling for it,

I fitted an ordinary one and it was hurting after, but grand with the proper one.

And it's not tooooooooo heavy

tomd wrote: »
    oh and you need to get a proper 249 sling for it,

I fitted an ordinary one and it was hurting after, but grand with the proper one.

And it's not tooooooooo heavy

i just used an old guitar sling and some climbing hooks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

iceage wrote: »
    Any reasonable Gympi's out there? now that would be a piece of kit.

Inokatsu do a rather sexy Gimpy. It is however Inokatsu. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you will when you click the link to Fire-SUpport.co.uk

Shoot n'Scoot also do one. Custom built so it's not cheap, although cheaper than the Inokatsu.

Beyond that, I'm not sure of anyone who does an airsoft GPMG.

Advertisement