Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city centre - Moving in with strangers

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to move from my job soon and head to Dublin as I've a good few friends up there and I'm in a good need for a change. I'm looking for work and can crash in one of their houses until I get myself sorted.
    I plan on living in the city centre and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with finding accomodation; i.e. moving in with strangers and if they have had good/bad experiences with this.
    I know it can be a mixed bag but I'd like to hear if it has worked out for a majority of people in a similar position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Hi,
    I'm looking to move from my job soon and head to Dublin as I've a good few friends up there and I'm in a good need for a change. I'm looking for work and can crash in one of their houses until I get myself sorted.
    I plan on living in the city centre and I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with finding accomodation; i.e. moving in with strangers and if they have had good/bad experiences with this.
    I know it can be a mixed bag but I'd like to hear if it has worked out for a majority of people in a similar position.
    daft, apt share with one, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jay D wrote: »
    daft, apt share with one, sorted.
    Now, there's the problem! :)

Are you recommending daft.ie, the property website or are you saying that the OP's idea is daft (as in silly)? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Yeah I will be using their services when the time comes, I didn't think he was calling me daft:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It can be pot luck moving in with strangers. You can meet some great people and make friends for life... or... you can end up living with some proper nutjobs/slobs/idiots

You really just have to try and suss it out as best you can when you go see the place and meet the inhabitants!

Daft.ie is probably your best bet, as others have said!

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It can be pot luck moving in with strangers. You can meet some great people and make friends for life... or... you can end up living with some proper nutjobs/slobs/idiots

You really just have to try and suss it out as best you can when you go see the place and meet the inhabitants!

Daft.ie is probably your best bet, as others have said!

Best of luck :)

Agreed. Dont be afraid to ask questions, you are sussing them out aswell as them sussing you out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Yep, ask plenty of questions.

If you're using Daft, and there's an email address there belonging to the actual people staying in the house, try exchange a few emails too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Strangers are friends that we haven't met yet.

That said, be wary of sharing with substance abusers and young Dubs - they've moved out of home for the wrong reason.

Advertisement