Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitschy Christmas films desperately sought!

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Following the advice offered back here, I have spent the day on the couch with DVDs on. I have watched Love, Actually, and have The Family Stone on for the second time now. It is helping! But it's also getting boring, which won't improve tomorrow. So, suggestions? I really like this type of film right now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

The holiday..with kate winslet and jude law and cameron diaz and jack black.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

How to Loose a Guy in 10 days, everyones fave!! Although not a holiday one at all.........

Home Alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Bridget Jones, The Notebook [for a really good cry!!] Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, About a Boy [Hugh Grant Fest!!!] Pretty Woman.
    Or go literally Christmassy ; Miracle on 34th St, or a completely different angle Priscilla Queen of the Desert!!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

I see you all have excellent taste! Thanks!

Had forgotten about Bridget Jones, even though I have both films. Same for The Holiday! Gonna play these tomorrow. I am also going to check out Miracle on 34th St. Priscilla Queen of the Desert is great, but for some reason, I need it to be Christmassy right now. It gives me that nice cosy comfort feeling.

Home Alone I don't have. Is it okay to like it? :o

Oh, I have also dugged up Peter's Friends - excellent. Now all I need is some mashed potatoes, and the evening may come.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The only acceptable Christmas films are Gremlins and the first two Die Hard films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Plus the Goonies, Labyrinth and the Indiana Jones trilogy. And nightmare before christ...wait now, it's September. Why?

I thought it was films set around Christmas time? Obviously Indiana Jones is more than acceptable at Christmas. Or any other time of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Elf - stupidly funny and completely moronic, but wonderful too. My favourite christmas one is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, totally stupid too, and complete rubbish. Just the ticket for that comfortable familiar feeling.:)

Oh right. Then em...the one with the guy who wants to kill himself but an angel comes along and shows him what life would have been like with out him. I think Gregory Peck is in it. I may be wrong though.

Ahh yeah! I forgot about Elf, it's fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

WindSock wrote: »
    Labyrinth
    Bestest filum evurrrrr!!!

<3 Ludo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

WindSock wrote: »
    Oh right. Then em...the one with the guy who wants to kill himself but an angel comes along and shows him what life would have been like with out him. I think Gregory Peck is in it. I may be wrong though.

James Stewart in Its a Wonderful Life?

''Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings...'':)

I've just remembered another good Christmas film, Bad Santa. A fun film for all the family. :D

While I enjoy action movies, not at the moment, lads! I need KITSCH. Family Christmas stories.

In a few days, feel free to discuss the finer points of Underworld or Bourne with me. Not now though!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

A Muppet Christmas Carol and Scrooged

Two quaility Christmas movies

James Stewart in Its a Wonderful Life?

''Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings...'':)

Yes yes, thats the one :pac:

Cheesiest christmas movie ever...

51aZgJMr92L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

muppet's christmas carol.

best christmas film EVER!

quite a fan of love actually, too, it should have a different name, so i dont have to feel so ashamed of saying i like it :P

after that, madagascar, i watched about 8 or 9 times straight while lying fúcked on the couch on steven's day my first christmas moved out and with a roof over my head. fantastic film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Christmas%2520story.jpg

A Christmas Story is the best one going. BTW mentioning Christmas in September? Boooooo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Petrolium Hat

Eh hello people? Best Christmas film of all time is "It's a Wonderful Life".

Can't believe that hasn't been mentioned one of the all time greatest films. Love actually me *rse.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

How about....

"We're walking in the airrrrr, we're walking in the moonlit sky....."

Is Groundhog Day christmassy? I know it snows.....

• Advertisement

SarahJ wrote: »
    Is Groundhog Day christmassy? I know it snows.....

It does today for me! Thanks! First one on the list after a horrible night.

Advertisement