Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you are the owner of this car, please PM me so we can arrange to have it destroyed

Options
  • 25-09-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen some pretty bad parking in UCD, but this one takes the biscuit...

For those unfamiliar with the parking scheme, I drew a diagram.

The only explaination I can think of is that they were the first person in the car park and they were never there before, so they did not know what the lines meant :confused:

Or else they were having a siezure on the back seat... I can only hope it's the latter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Are the students back? Is it possible that the owner left off the handbrake and some drunk students moved it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thats horrendous.

I reckon the reg should be posted, on grounds of the extreme stupidity and major retardation of the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Seriously weird parking? Any idea how long the car was left there? Did anyone call security?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Well, I like it. They prob just got bored and gave up in the middle of it. Seems like something I would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Seriously weird parking? Any idea how long the car was left there? Did anyone call security?
    I got there at about 8.40am, dunno if it was there from the night before or what...

Security (and clampers) drive around UCD all day, so they will have seen it pretty soon after me!

It wasn't there when I got back later that day (bout 4pm), so it was moved one way or another...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Maybe the car broke down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Students could have pushed it during the night if it was there that time this morning. At least I hope that is what happened.
    professore wrote:
    Maybe the car broke down there?
    If the car broke down, id push it in myself or at least get help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

testicle wrote: »
    Is it possible that the owner left off the handbrake

+1

A few months ago in our office, we all got an email at 5.35 asking that the person who own car xxDyyyyy please move it ASAP, as it's blocking the car park. We took a look out the window, and a car was parked just like the one in the OP's photos, with 6 or 7 cars sitting behind it, unable to move.

Next thing one of the guys looking out of the window with us shouted "Jesus!" and ran off as fast as he could.

Turns out he left his handbrake off, and the car rolled out, blocking the lane.

Took him a while to live that one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

testicle wrote: »
    Are the students back? Is it possible that the owner left off the handbrake and some drunk students moved it?

My first thought was along similar lines. Either pushed out by somebody or handbrake left off and it rolled out. Hard to imagine it was parked like that on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Thats probably what happened alright.

Parking in UCD is already a major nightmare ... last thing we need is this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Would love to park like that with a few people watching and then just walk off...

'Hey!'

-'Sorry must dash!'

Imagine how angry the little girls in their 08 Minis would be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

well over and above everything else, I think the editing of the license number is sheer class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not sure what you mean, that's the real plate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Soccer mom who cannot maneuver the beast of an MPV perhaps?

I'd go with the theory of forgetting to put the handbrake on. While I have never forgot to engage the handbrake, I always leave my car in gear when parked anyway, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Judging by the second photo I'd have to agree with the other posters and suggest prank. If the car was moved straight backwards it would be parked correctly between the two lines. Too much co-incidence for me to believe that the owner intentionally left the car in that position ;)

Top Dog wrote: »
    Judging by the second photo I'd have to agree with the other posters and suggest prank. If the car was moved straight backwards it would be parked correctly between the two lines. Too much co-incidence for me to believe that the owner intentionally left the car in that position ;)

I dont know, I was coming up one of the roads off infirmary road (the first right when you turn in off Parkgate st - montpellier hill ?- and there was a Primera parked with half the car out on the road. Its in a row of cars parked end to end and this guy obviously wanted to parallel park but the space was far too small so he just flung it in and abandoned it.

See attached bad paint effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

;)just a quick one ,,before yiz all go crazy about the bad parking wasnt there a bit on the radio about a bird and a bloke from the the midlands who went missing who were in a vw people carrier might be worth a look in the back make sure there not in the boot:rolleyes:

ford jedi wrote: »
    ;)just a quick one ,,before yiz all go crazy about the bad parking wasnt there a bit on the radio about a bird and a bloke from the the midlands who went missing who were in a vw people carrier might be worth a look in the back make sure there not in the boot:rolleyes:

FAIL!

It's clearly a Galaxy in the pics.

Not such the great Jedi eh?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Reminds me of a lovely new Jaguar coupe I seen going through the Lidl carpark in Greystones the other week. Looked really well until it hit a lamp post. There was no driver inside, so I guess the handbrake was left off.

On the same note, I seen another car in the same car park with it's keys still in the boot lock and no owner around.

Dunno what to think about the OPs find. Maybe a combination of no handbrake and some students pushing the car further than it actually rolled.

Advertisement