Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Customers Beware O2 have a new upgrade policy!

• 25-09-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I am very unhappy with O2 in general regarding an upgrade I had recently approved on my account for which i had recieved an upgrade reference number which I am now informed is not valid for use until January 2009 which is over 3 months away!:mad:

I have been with O2 for almost 12 months and have spent over €700 on bills since my connection

I have 2 mobiles on my account and am going to move networks as soon as my contracts expire because I will not accept this type of service

To be told I had an upgrade and then have it taken off me because O2 decided to change their Upgrade criteria is not good enough:(

If I had been told by the customer service agent who gave me the reference number that the upgrade was only going to be valid for 2 weeks I would have upgraded immediately but I was told nothing

Now I have a mobile phone which is broken and no way to upgrade it until January so in order to stay operating within the O2 network I have to either buy a Speakeasy phone and use that or buy a phone sim free

Is this any way for O2 to reward it's customers?

New connections to O2 are given far better deals than existing customers which is totally unfair
    And i'm not the only one who thinks so either, there are about 35 pages of complaints on the O2 forum on this subject

Just thought i'd share my little rant here, O2 Customers Beware!

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=1465

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I dont think its much different with the other operators mate.
    Once your still within contract they arent likely to push through an upgrade unless your spend is very high (€700 may seem high but its not).

The o2 rep may have seen your future elidgibility date and confused this with you being elidgable now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Thank you for sharing your rant with us. Perhaps you should have posted here rather than starting a new thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376702

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

ardmacha wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your rant with us. Perhaps you should have posted here rather than starting a new thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376702

Cheers 4 that knew there must be a thread here somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Meteor are as bad, Vodafone aren't that far behind but I often find Vodafone push through upgrades for customers in contract or even when they go out of contract, what I've found of late too is that if vodafone can't approve an upgrade for customers they offer 1 or 2 months free line rental which is better than "january 2009" for o2 customers!!!

Advertisement