Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever read Heidegger?

• 25-09-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I got a copy of Being and Time and have been reading it this last week. I was apprehensive about giving it a go because I heard so much about how its impossible to read and I could never understand it, et cetera, et cetera.

But so far it has been really enjoyable. I've been taking it slowly and making notes for myself here and there. Now I'm sure that I am not gleaning everything out of the text that Heidegger was saying but I am happy enough that I am getting something out of it and thats good enough for now.

I also got another Heidegger book called Poetry, Language, and Thought and that one is really cool. His poems are very interesting. I love his particularity about language and how thinking must think against itself.

Any Heidegger experts or fans out there? I have only really started Being and Time and have been told an accompanying reader is a good idea

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement