Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for a night out..

Options
  • 25-09-2008 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I'm the class rep this year for college and I've just been asked (well, told!!) to organize a 'Mystery Tour' for some time next week. Has anybody got any good ideas of where to go?
    We are preferably looking for a town near the city (max an hour away) that has a choice of pubs (at least 2 or more)

Any suggestions would be really appreciated as I haven't a clue where to start!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

out of interest what class are you doing it for...or is it the entire year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Clonakilty!!

Great spot - less than an hour from the city and loads of great pubs. Nightclubs are a good laugh too. Doesn't have the small town metality of other places like Bandon and Mallow and that too either where there's a chance of you getting bottled if they don't know you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I'm doing it for the Quantity Surveying class in CIT...Just the class not the whole year... Any ideas on a location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pingpongz

Organise a concession for cheap plane tickets to amsterdam, stay in a hostel for 1 night and fly back.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Bring them to Nadd.
    There's a good size pub there with a large area out the back. Had a mystery tour there a few years back and it was kick ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Energizeer wrote: »
    Bring them to Nadd.
    There's a good size pub there with a large area out the back. Had a mystery tour there a few years back and it was kick ass

I'd agree with Nadd.The place has the pub though and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Energizeer wrote: »
    Bring them to Nadd.

hey, I was also on a mystery tour to Nadd, the mystery still exists as to why we were brought out to such a remote dump! Seriously, one pub, in which we all got the usual cold stares from the locals as we entered.

They did however have a dart board so we were sorted! Nah, the night itself was grand in the end but the drive back into the city seemed to go on forever (especially when bursting to go!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Nadd? really? ...why?

Yeah clon wouldnt be a terrible idea & its closer than your memory says it is.

ima venture...monkstown, few pubs, nice estury for a swim and pretty close.

or maybe the overdraft near minan bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Naad? Wtf? It has a pub... yeah, so does everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mawk wrote: »
    or maybe the overdraft near minan bridge

if you were coming down this direction i'd recommend Seán Na Mbáds, great pub in the absolute middle of nowhere. Though a lot depends on numbers, The overdraught is bigger. Both have nice areas to sit out with a pint.

Fermoy could be another idea for a bigger area with more options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    if you were coming down this direction i'd recommend Seán Na Mbáds, great pub in the absolute middle of nowhere. Though a lot depends on numbers, The overdraught is bigger. Both have nice areas to sit out with a pint.
    Nice pub, I'd swing more towards the Pine Lodge if it was for a class trip though, also in the middle of nowhere but beside the beach, generally has good music too, off licence and possibility of staying the night
    http://www.myrtleville.com/lodge.html

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Kinsale?

Advertisement