Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joy rider's

• 25-09-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

WAs driving along the Carrickperish road last night and seen 5 lads in a car doing donuts and general messing nearly smashed right into me the car also had no number plates.

Was gonna call gardi put as i got further down the road unmarked and marked car flew up the road,Hope they all got done the f**kers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

hopr they got caught and where given a good kicking before throw in the cells...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

The night before last, there was a car at midnight drove into our estate in Gracedieu and you could smell the burning of the tyres inside of the house, the road is all marked, acting like idoits in a really small estate and on the road out side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Its beause of that we have so many speed bumps in the city, i remember last year being at a friends house one saturday in lismore and u could hear them screaming all over the place in the industrial estate, now im no fan of speed bumps but i do think their should be some near St Otterans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

The people in the industrial estates are just boy racers who arent driving robbed cars or one's bought for 50 euro,Who arent to bad.

Biggest problem are joy riders

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The people in the industrial estates are just boy racers who arent driving robbed cars or one's bought for 50 euro,Who arent to bad.

Biggest problem are joy riders

Its still against the law and just as bad, breaking speed limits in there and being a danger to others who work there or have their cars parked there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

Cabaal wrote: »
    Its still against the law and just as bad, breaking speed limits in there and being a danger to others who work there or have their cars parked there

I've only ever seen them there late at night doing that,at which time the post office is the only place working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

did anyone see the state of halfords car park.. they wernt open but a week and there was a meeting in the car park where there was much drifting done by the looks of things..

mang wrote: »
    did anyone see the state of halfords car park.. they wernt open but a week and there was a meeting in the car park where there was much drifting done by the looks of things..

Yeah Myself and heathen where up there the other day and the car park has a whole lot of rubber burned on to the ground alright...
    its a disgrace, a lot of money went into that place to provide services and jobs in waterford and some knuckle dragging base ball wearing boy/girl racers come along and and make a mess of it.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

might be time for them to put gates up on the entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

magick wrote: »
    now im no fan of speed bumps but i do think their should be some near St Otterans as well.
    Speed ramps effect the boy racers, not the joy riders.

Me, if I was joyriding, I wouldn't care if the suspension of the car I nicked went plonk. Hell, I'd see how high I could make the car jump with the speed ramps :D

So if you are putting down speed ramps, the most effective ones are the high ones. Lowered cars & highered speed ramps, speed ramps win. Got a few such ramps installed around Leixlip. The amount of boy-racer-lowered-cars dissappered very fast, as they could no longer get into Leixlip. There still are a few boy racers, but less than there were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They wake me up all the time. That road is right behind my house and all I ever hear is "WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH ERGHHHHHHH!!!"

:(

dlofnep never gets any sleep.

dlofnep wrote: »
    They wake me up all the time. That road is right behind my house and all I ever hear is "WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH ERGHHHHHHH!!!"

:(

dlofnep never gets any sleep.

But dlofnep, that doesn't matter because their so cool! :rolleyes:
    :D

the_syco wrote: »
    Speed ramps effect the boy racers, not the joy riders.

Me, if I was joyriding, I wouldn't care if the suspension of the car I nicked went plonk. Hell, I'd see how high I could make the car jump with the speed ramps :D

Have to disagree here a bit, speed ramps do effect joy riders.... joy riders do avoid area's where there are speed ramps.... I have seent his from personal experience up in Dublin...
    Hitting a speed ramp at speed can ruin the suspension/steering making the car a bitch to drive... also more seriously it can take out the sump of a car very very easily, once this gone, car loses oil and engine seizes very quickly when running it hard.... hence makes it very easy to be caught....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cabaal wrote: »
    But dlofnep, that doesn't matter because their so cool! :rolleyes:
    :D

That helps me sleep at night :D

Advertisement