Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Investigation on Broadband Service Providers and Customer Service Loyalty

Options
  • 25-09-2008 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi everyone!!!

I've a little favour to ask from you but

if you have 5 minutes to spare......please take the time to fill out my attached questionnaire!

It should take you about 5 minutes to complete.

It's for my thesis on Broadband Service Providers in Ireland. (which is due next wednesday!)

i'd really appreciate it if you can afford the time as its important i get as broad a sample as I can for my project.

The easiest way to 'tick the boxes' is to press Ctrl +U and underline them.
    Then just save the attachment with the adjustments and send it back to me.

Hopefully you will fing it interesting and appropriate!

I'll be really grateful for all replies, and i'll owe you one!

Thanks in advance ! :-)

Please send your replies to broadbandserviceproviders@gmail.com

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 johnny_g

thanks a mill! hope u enjoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No Smart Telecom on the list? They do still exist you know and probably offer the best DSL product on the market, IMO anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Done....but no UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Me thinks someone is in for a rude awakening come award time, please redo your questionaire with a full list of providers if you'd like to get a proper result and not a skewed one due to not having all providers listed.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

For a reasonably full list of providers, see this thread. There's also quite a few comments on how good/bad they are.

sorry about that... i thought they had stopped for some reason? .. thanks for pointing that out to me and filling out my questionnaire... really appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not a well thought out questionnaire, I got half way through and then thought, whats the point. I will always assess the market.........to ask if I will be with my provider in future is ill-thoughtout......I don't know what they will offer in future and how it will fit into the market.

I use UPC atm as they provide the fastest Mb per buck BB avail to me, and as a side benefit have the highest CAP. I used eircom in the past as the same was true, and if someone could offer me better tomorrow I would take it.

Thanks for your comments... understand where you are coming from but.... the purpose of the questionnaire is to examine customer loyalty and its determinants as a whole on the broadband industry, rather than focusing on individual service providers and their positive or negative traits... it may seem poorly thought out to you, but each question is carefully thought of and backed with relevant theory. Apart from the error on q29 +30's scales... everything is the way i want it, and will collect the info i need.!! thanks again to everyone who filled it out!

Inquitus wrote: »
    I use UPC atm as they provide the fastest Mb per buck BB avail to me, and as a side benefit have the highest CAP. I used eircom in the past as the same was true, and if someone could offer me better tomorrow I would take it.[/quote]

thanks inquitus... i have done focus groups and one-to-one interviews already and heard quotes similar to this before a few times.... and it is exactly what i am looking for.... thus delving into whether customer loyalty exists towards broadband service providers... that is the purpose of the questionnaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Sent,

My good deed done for this week. :rolleyes:

How about letting us know the general results?

Hi everybody,

The recent coverage on broadband speeds in the news reminded me to refresh up this post and thank everyone who who took the time to fill out my questionnaire. I got a 2.1 overall so I am very happy with the result. I am very gratefull for your help. I have attached the finished thesis for anybody who is interested in reading it. The course was an MSc in Marketing so I focused on customer loyalties and opinions rather that technical issues but nevertheless I found some interesting results. Hope you enjoy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nice one Johnny . Very Interesting Reading That .

May I quote from it
    Johnnyg wrote:
    It is estimated that it can cost up to six times more money to gain a new customer than it does to retain a current one (Rosenberg and Czepiel, 1983).

Thus the aim of a successful business is to turn their customers into loyal clients (Ahmad and Buttle 2001) as one loyal client (long term customer) is more valuable than a number of short term customers.

Sometimes this forum is more tech than market!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

So with such low levels of loyalty and high levels of dissatisfaction, one wonders why no Irish ISP captilises on this. You'd have to speculate that the high percentage of people who thought the exit barrier was too high have identified the sole reason why all Irish ISPs are poor.

Maybe harsh calling all ISPs poor, but certainly all the major ISPs are, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Marketing Droids think that empty promises of Speed to new customers is more important than a consistent, reliable product at 1/3rd speed.

Given choice of a rock solid 1Mbps or 3Mbps depending on your needs, and a fantasy, laggy, unreliable 3Mbps or 9Mbps sold package which will keep customers?

Market Droids given choice of selling Up To 10Mbps or Up To 3Mbps, (both true off peak, but 3Mbps more realistic), which do they want to market?

The speed increases (by almost everyone) over the last 9 months are a race to the bottom.

Marketing people look at what Other Marketing people are selling, not what customers really want in long term. They don't want to understand contention and that if you triple the package speed on most systems for everyone all that does is triple the contention! Or in case of DSL can quadruple the ping times due to higher interleaving needed. HSDPA is worst example where the speed quoted is the total system speed. This would be Cable selling 45Mbps on DOCSIS 2.0 cable shared to 200 houses. If all had an up to 45Mbps package contention would be 200:1 At up to 4.5Mbps per package, the contention is 20:1.

For customer satisfaction and larger Caps they would need to limit such a system to about 2Mbps per user. About 11.25:1 contention. Or to put it another way to have a reasonable 10:1 contention and 200 users with 3Mbps each, the system needs 60Mbps, i.e. 200 x 3 = 600. 600/10 = 60.

EXACTLY!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Advertisement