Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cat converter

Options
  • 25-09-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

any mechanics there know if the cat off a 01 1.4 vauxhall astra would fit a 01 1.4 opel astra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

The cats for that car vary a lot. I had to do one recently and in the Bosal book there were loads of different configurations if I remember correctly, as it turned out the car I was working on was an import from Poland or somewhere and although it was in the book, it was never stocked in Ireland. The only real way to be sure is to have a look and see if they are the same...

Having said that, if they are the same year and engine size & type, I think that is the X14XE engine, they could very well be the same... I would be kind of hopeful that they would be but you'd want to get a look at each to be 100% sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Being a 01 it should be a Z14XE engine in your car. Provided the Vauxhall is also a Z14XE it should do. The x14xe is the older engine where the cat is underneath the car on the exhaust pipe. The z14xe cat is part of the exhaust manifold. To tell the difference, when you looking at the engine, at the front you will see the exhaust manifold (4 pipes coming from the engine with a heat shield on it). If it is a z14xe there will be an oxygen sensor mounted in the manifold. If it is a x14xe the wont be an oxygen sensor there.

Advertisement