Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pure v's Baja

• 25-09-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

hi,
    has anyone played both ? I've played the pure demo and liked it, but Baja looks very similar. They are both only 49.99. Would appreciate any feedback from people who have played either game (full game)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Well Pure is not out until tomorrow, the 26th - I intend to pick up a copy based on how good the demo was, so I'll have some impressions of the full game soon :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

i saw them both for sale in the game shop on henry street yesterday - 25th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

They seem to be fairly different games... Pure is all about quads and Baja is 4x4's. From what i've seen Pure looks a heck of alot better...

claiva wrote: »
    They are both only 49.99.

As usual, Gamestop is over-charging for stuff. I just picked up a copy in Smyths for €40.49 (you need to have a loyalty card though) - that's even cheaper than Play.com which has it at €41.99. Price without the card is €44.99. I'll have a good long session today so should have some impressions of the full game very soon... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

good stuff. think i'll buy it anyway, the demo was very good. I just wanted a game like desert storm or whatever its called for the ps3.

• Advertisement

claiva wrote: »
    I just wanted a game like desert storm or whatever its called for the ps3.

Motostorm. Pure is definitely class, the demo totally sold me on it - that's quite rare for me...

Loving it so far, the amount of customization is unreal - the graphics look a bit more detailed to me, especially how muddied up your rider gets but maybe I just didn't notice it in the demo. However, you start off with a much crappier ATV and it has nowhere near the handling and speed of the one in the demo, but that makes it more of a challenge. It gives achievements pretty easily though so far, however most of them are only 5G.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, that should be fun, but the single player tour looks good - pretty happy with the purchase :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Waiting on Pure to arrive from play.com, cant wait to play it!

Picked it up myself yest... Been playing it for a good while, as J-BLK says, the customization is mad... There's loads to start off with and as you win races u get loads more. The speed an handeling pick up fairly fast after u win the first round n get some new bits. It can be crazy hectic, the tracks are way bigger than the demo and there's loads of different routes. It can get quite challenging, u really gotta pick the right setup for the different races and tracks...

Also picked up Baja(had a voucher), have yet to play it...

I can confirm that Baja is the worst game I have bought and played on the 360... It is shockingly bad.. Terrible graphics and gameplay and the menus are insanely bad.. Its like a 10 year old game, Its going straight back. Heck, i'd be half tempted to burn to save some other soul from paying for it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement