Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crafting: Apothecary

Options
  • 25-09-2008 6:06pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, this is a great craft from the outset. I'm really enjoying it.

Firstly, you can create potions. Always good. Secondly you can make stuff like gold essence and dyes (if you fancy). I havent bothered with the latter two because my Cultivating has kept me up to my tonsils with herbs.

Buy all the stuff you need from a vendor in stacks and sit down and press the "repeat" button. Watch while your 2s cast-time shoots you up the levels and makes Cultivators cry (we have to wait about 2 minutes per seed).

Make anything you have, dont worry about making specific pots, most of them are weak buffs at this level. If you can make stacks of one thing, go for it because they will sell better in the auction house, but if you have a bunch of odd crap lying around, make that too because primaraily you are just getting up the levels.

Personally I like to make Fire breathing potions because they have a lovely AOE DOT, and also Healing potions because lets face it, you can never have enough.

Always make stable potions, unstable ones can have a reverse effect. I think only stable potions have a chance of coming out rare. Thats nice too because during a full stack you will usually find one that is uncommon or higher, I've had a couple of real doozies for my level already. Flog the rest, keep the good stuff for yourself :)

Progression: Again, I hit 43ish and it was like I was running straight into a mud pool. Flew through the 30s and bang, hit mid forties and not progressing much any more. Keep an eye out for level 10,15 and 25 stuff as I think that gives a higher chance of getting a point. You can use the skill on the run, but really, with the "Repeat button" I just sit at the bank and knock out a few dozen at a go.

Extra ingredients are fun too, they can REALLY make a big difference, especially if you are lucky enough to create a high rarity potion.

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: it can get confusing about which ingredients are needed where. "Main Ingredients" go under the empty bottle, Cloudy Water goes below that along with any additional ingredients you wish to add. All that changes if you start with a Gold container, or a Dye container, they have their own ingredient types and are a bit simpler then potions.

DeV.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I had 1g last Sunday, now I have 60g+ thanks to magical salvaging and some people being complete suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Much <3 for this DeV :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have this up to 100 now and hope to start making some dosh soon. Its slow work because Cultivating is so slow to level.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep over 100 in cultivation and apothecary here as well. If people need particular potions give me a shout.

• Advertisement

Sarn, I've been lagging behind in Cultivation, it just seems very slow in comparison with Apothecary. I've dumped tons of seeds of the highest level in and still as it approaches the next level it slows to a CRAWL.... have you noticed this too? Have you tried using top level water, nutrients and soil to see if it makes a difference?

I really like the potions I'm making now (not that i can use them, I'm still too low) but they should sell well (when the economy gets going).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

2v1ogmo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Is anyone else finding fragments IMPOSSIBLE to get. Ive been doing Salvaging since lvl 7, Lvl 14 now and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

The biggest problem I had getting to 100 in both was the lack of level 75 seeds floating around. The same as the lack of level 25 seeds getting to 50.

Apothecary was the most problematic for me because most of the seeds were potion extenders rather than restoration, energy types so it was fairly tough getting from 90 - 100 due to the lack of level 75 ingredients.

I haven't had to use any extra additives apart from the basic seed ones available in the merchant. I did resort to buying cheap seeds from the auction house as I rapidly ran out of lvl 75 seeds.

Based on the shortage of seeds at certain levels what I'm trying to do now is advance my levels using the lowest seeds possible, resisting the urge to use the higher seeds that quickly raise my level. Essentially saving them for the last painful scrape to the next quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just wondering this;
    If I learn a new trade, will I still retain my skill level in the old one in case I ever want to go back to it?
    Currently in the sub-50 slump on cultivating and it's really starting to wreck my head.

Might try it out on my alt later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

No, the new skill starts at 0

Advertisement