Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to preorder

Options
  • 25-09-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Where will you pre-order woltk? I do not want to be in a situation where I have to stare at a portal when all my guildies are going through the way I did when TBC came out.

Eristene.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Plenty of online retailers are taking pre-orders, I'm going with Gamesnash.ie whenever they put it up on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I put my order with GAME.
    I don't really trust online ordering with regard to delivery date, not that ive had bad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,157 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Im waiting to see about the CE. Currently nobodys taking pre-orders. But i tend to go with game for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

i plan on walking into shop on release and buying it, OLD SKOOL STYLEZ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Will it be available for download maybe?? Could possibly download day before or something maybe so can start at midnight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eristene

Berns wrote: »
    Will it be available for download maybe?? Could possibly download day before or something maybe so can start at midnight :D

It will not be available for download. Playing at midnight is my goal really. I should have been more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

nix wrote: »
    i plan on walking into shop on release and buying it, OLD SKOOL STYLEZ!

Too right, you won't have any problems on release day picking up a copy eristene. It'll probably be the fastest way to get it.

Schism wrote: »
    Too right, you won't have any problems on release day picking up a copy eristene. It'll probably be the fastest way to get it.

That or the midnight launches that are bound to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Mightnight launch for me. Not gonna sleep till i atleast hit 72.. Well unless its something stupid like 4.8billion xp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

who's doing a midnight launch Manties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I actually asked in GAME (Galway) about midnight launch
    They said they might possibly put unlikely.
    Other game stores might be different

CE numbers are meant to be finalised for retailers so they should start taking pre-orders this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

also interested in somewhere in dublin doing a midnight launch if anyone has details.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I asked in GAME (Dawson Street) about midnight launch they said it was pretty unlikely, they've not had a midnight launch for a 'PC' game in a long while, it's all the console biggies these days.

There were about 20 other people on the pre-order list for WotLK (as of Friday 26th Sept) which probably wouldn't be enough to warrant opening at midnight even if all of them wanted to get it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xpally

game is a bad shop to pre-order or to buy costs way more
    i pre-ordered in gamestop only a €5 deposit :cool:

xpally wrote: »
    game is a bad shop to pre-order or to buy costs way more
    i pre-ordered in gamestop only a €5 deposit :cool:

What world do you live in?
    Its costs nothing to pre-order in game, the majority of games are also cheaper in game plus PC games arent shoved down the back into a corner cus they have no value in the second hand market which is all gamestop care about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xpally

VinLieger wrote: »
    What world do you live in?
    Its costs nothing to pre-order in game, the majority of games are also cheaper in game plus PC games arent shoved down the back into a corner cus they have no value in the second hand market which is all gamestop care about.
    i meant the other wow games not how much pre oreder is chil out

I'm getting mine from http://www.gamesnash.ie They said it should be on the website in the next few days. I can highly recommend them for pre-orders as they have an excellent reputation for getting games out to people on release day.

Was in game dawson street again today and they are still giving out the line that they probably wont even be stocking the CE.

Edit : Scrap that its just appeared on games website so get your orders in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Mid night launch - TALK TO ME!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

GAME are taking orders for the CE today.. no deposit. Got mine at 09:15 :D

Absolam wrote: »
    GAME are taking orders for the CE today.. no deposit. Got mine at 09:15 :D

When i went in to dawson street the staff had no idea what i was talking about. Seems they dont want it being advertised or they might end up being in the same situation as with TBC where each store got about 10.
    Anyway ive got one pre-ordered on the website just in case

Its on gamesnash.ie now: http://gamesnash.ie/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_65&products_id=968

Good chance of getting it on release day as they are based in Dublin and use An Post.

i'd love a midnight launch. Jeeze. ****ing Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Considering how bad the post office here is in Ireland, you'd be quicker just waiting and getting it yourself that day.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Considering how bad the post office here is in Ireland, you'd be quicker just waiting and getting it yourself that day.
    The post is grand here. Just check out how successful gamesnash were when GTA4, everyone got it release day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Checkerle

I preorder at gamestop in Athlone (already 2 months ago). But I asked all shops in town, no shop was able to confirm that CE would be available in store.

For midnight sale I got the same answers :/ Really sad, when I'm looking back to Germany, lots of towns have midnight sale -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

brother preordered a CE for me and himself in game apparently. hopefully no shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

The CE is a load of crap tbh, a gay little frost worm pet and some wow cards. Yeah hang on and ill fork over an extra 40 quid for that. Pah !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Checkerle

checked again in town, still no CE and also no midnight sales -.-

Advertisement