Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

china spacewalk

Options
  • 25-09-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

is it being broadcast live, or any vids of the launch etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has it happened (completely out of touch today). God there everywhere! :pac:

If this were the 60s, someone would have made a cheap cold war thriller out of this by now.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the bbc just talking there about how china was sending soldiers to space, most of the americans sent up are soldiers but do you here them described like that.

Exellent, now we do have the material for a b movie! :p

Hard to see what the point of it all is now, its not like China will discover anything new, even if they can do it cheaper ;) I suppose its just exuberant expansionism by a nation flexing its muscle.

Mike

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Chinese soldiers = American heros I guess. (Also I think many of the Americans were pilots. I don't think the Army, the Navy or the Air Force would happily call them soldiers)

Isn't this spacewalk part of China's aim to get to the moon?

Yep, an yes the astronuats were USAF/USAAF, lets face it not many lawyers would be much good at it.

Miike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

No but it would almost be worth bringing them along to flush them out the airlock.

Interesting the way they are testing their own space suit on the space walk but have another guy in the airlock in a russian suit to rescue him if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

mike65 wrote: »
    Hard to see what the point of it all is now, its not like China will discover anything new, even if they can do it cheaper ;) I suppose its just exuberant expansionism by a nation flexing its muscle.

Testing of new technology, at least new to them. They want to go to the moon and as I understand it, they're planning to take a shot at it ahead of the Russian and American return missions. It's a PR thing too of course. They're demonstrating what they can do to the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishmilk

mike65 wrote: »
    Exellent, now we do have the material for a b movie! :p

Mike

One of reason is that US and few others rejected Chinese application of joining the International Space Station program.

Advertisement