Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sixth Year holiday

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Soo i no it may seem early but iv heard of a few people gettin their skates on and booking it. Think il be off to Zakynthos with aloada girls from my year,Heard its very good. Bit of confusion though with the dates of results and viewing the exam scripts? So not really sure whether to go before or after the results?... Anyone else booked or looking into it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

loads of my year have booked it already. lots are going to zakynthos and crete.
    just starting to look into it now.. we were thinking about just doing like 4 days in amsterdam or something no where near definite yet what we're going to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Loadza people in my year are off to Aya Napa, I've heard the whole place is booked up already! My friends and I are of to Barcelona. We want to book the appartment sometime soon but the annoying thing is flights wont be up until January or so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Heading to Zakynthos. Not really that hyped up since we decided a number of places and I would've rather went interrailing around Eastern Europe. Should still have fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Most of my year are heading to Aya Napa, which/who I have little interest in [Seeing ever again:p] but id say it wouldn't be half bad.

I have no idea where i ll go, my friend is trying to get me to go inter railing, but there is no way I could fund that. I want to go somewhere and do very little for 1 or 2 weeks, inter railing sounds like far too much hassle after the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

off to crete for two weeks hopefully booking it before halloween.
    Dying for it!

• Advertisement

I know of at least 4 schools who are all off to Aya Napa!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

San Antonio, Ibiza is most likely on the cards for our holiday. Mate was there this year said it was lethal. Hopefully be booking it pre-christmas with me and a mate in charge of it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

A lot of my year last year went to Aya Napa. It's there, Crete and Zakynthos that are the popular places to go. so if you want packed clubs etc then go to one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

[Deleted for justice]

Naturally I'm not going anywhere because I have work back in Gotham I'm not into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

having seen loads of pictures of my schools crete leaving cert holiday i'd advise against going there. It's basically full of irish leaving cert people. Why bother going abroad just to drink with irish people? you can do that here without paying for a holiday. For my holiday i went interrailling and it was amazing. apart from the five other irish guys i was with, i knew nobody so every day was spent meeting new random people from all over the world. As well as that, nobody knew who you were so you do whatever you want. That kind of holiday in my opinion anyway is alot better than the crete/ aya napa one's where you basically may aswell be in barcode.

This is Crete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah I've no interested in those Crete/Aya Napa kinda sh*tholes. After all, Crete is the rape capital of Europe... I've heard wayy too many stories from there, no thanks.

I'm aiming to go interrailing, should be fun. Hoping to hit Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin and maybe more if we can afford it. At least there you don't have to pay €50 to get into a club packed full of annoying Irish/British and the cops won't club you if you're pissed on the street at night... and you're also in a really interesting city during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah we're looking at interrailing now, the 5 days within 10 for €160 or something... and just staying in cheap hostels while we're there type thing

just back from the travel agents 789 for two weeks.paying the deposit during the week.
    love when things get booked and are definite!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jaysus you're all sorted early :eek:

I have no idea what I'm doing! (I know I'm blowing off studying during easter for a week in London though...) I don't really hang out with my year and I'd only go away with somebody I trust, so it'll probably be me and my best friend going somewhere weird, I might try to talk her into going interrailing

I also want to go to Amsterdam next summer before college starts- gonna be an expensive few months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

San Antonio, Ibiza is most likely on the cards for our holiday. Mate was there this year said it was lethal. Hopefully be booking it pre-christmas with me and a mate in charge of it.:cool:
    Then you just know it's going to go wrong. Whenever Gav is in charge of something it goes horribly wrong. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Wise-one

Zakynthos is brill i went about a month ago just make sure you are near enough to Laganas the best place for clubs. And book it for after the 14th.If u only go for one week youll be back for viewing scripts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gotabi

Lanzarote all the way!!

peurto del carmen is the place to be so i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 H-esperanza

I went inter railing this summer it was the best trip i have ever been on!!
    It still had good nightclubs and cheap drink just way more on top of all that! I loved it!! Seriously i would recommend it to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

20 of us booked Crete. I totally agree with the whole 'it's just gonna be Irish LC'ers etc.' but I just wany to go away with all the girls before we all go our separate ways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I never had a 6th Yr holiday. This thread depresses me :(

my mam and dad are paying for mine as its my 18th birthday present but they keep throwing nrvous advice at me and think its crazy im going before im 18.
    oh the joys of excesivly nervous parents...if i get told not to seperate from the girls one more time ill snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

my mam and dad are paying for mine as its my 18th birthday present but they keep throwing nrvous advice at me and think its crazy im going before im 18.
    oh the joys of excesivly nervous parents...if i get told not to seperate from the girls one more time ill snap!

Lucky you my parents would probably make me pay for mine with the money i made from my summer job i knew it would come back to haunt me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

I'd go mid-july if I was you......
    The results come out mid-august and the viewing of the scripts is about a week later...... so you want to be around for all of that!!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Lucky you my parents would probably make me pay for mine with the money i made from my summer job i knew it would come back to haunt me :P

im not allowed have a job so theyve no choice.
    ha love when there decisions come back to bite them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

well booked it yesterday for the 25th of july...21 girls its going to be choas!:eek: Staying in Karras Studios which are meant to be deadly!
    Inter railing sounds deadly too although think il be waiting till after my first in college to do that as il have more money from working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 starburst

There was a Disneyland/Paris trend in my school this year so we went there. Was pretty good. Definitely more appealing to me then Crete.

I'd go just before results came out. Good way to take your mind off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

thinking about amsterdam, dunno though. everybody here is very organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

kateos2 wrote: »
    yeah we're looking at interrailing now, the 5 days within 10 for €160 or something... and just staying in cheap hostels while we're there type thing

I have much much advice for you if you wanna do that..... i just came back from a two week trip on the same ticket, we went to Krakow, Budapest and Prague... PM me if you would like any info etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

im not allowed have a job so theyve no choice.
    ha love when there decisions come back to bite them

Your not allowed a job yet your aloud a pre paid drunken holiday :p Your parents logic is awesome

Advertisement