Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sixth Year holiday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

well booked it yesterday for the 25th of july...21 girls its going to be choas!:eek: Staying in Karras Studios which are meant to be deadly!

I know were I'm going now anyway.:P

A mate of mine and 20 of his mates from his school booked Crete for a week (2 days after the results), €611 each.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Any suggestions of somewhere fun? That doesnt involve insane amounts of money or the Med?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nothing wrong with the Med- there are worse seas out there!

How about Spain or Portugal? North spain and west portugal if the med isn't your thing. Also not too expensive either.

How about Spain or Portugal? North spain and west portugal if the med isn't your thing. Also not too expensive either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Fad wrote: »
    Any suggestions of somewhere fun? That doesnt involve insane amounts of money or the Med?

Eastern Europe. Three Cities(Prague Budapest and Krakow) under a grand for two weeks. includes accomodation, flights, trains. Best laugh ever. Met some people who we will be friends with for life(yeah in krakow we met a crowd from donegal.... excellent!). considering a package holiday for a week in crete is like 600 and incredibly fake and dull, the extra couple of hundred will give you a holiday of a lifetime

Piste wrote: »

Nothing to do with the sea, just no of this drug crazed lunacy thanks :D

Any suggestions for where there may be other LCers, doesnt have to be Spain or Portugal though.

You want to avoid drug crazed lunacy, yet you also want other LCers? :confused:

The obvious places are Crete, Aya Knacka, That place beginning with Z that I can't spell...think there's a K...Ibiza, Marbella, probably South of France too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Piste, you mean zakynthos. half of my year are going there as well as 'aya knacka'.
    I've no idea wat 2 4 mine. might be going to north spain as i've spanish friends there and my host family when i was there in TY ages ago for 2 months:D. Although i'd like to do something with my friends. Interrailing sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I asked my friend about interrailing, her response was "But sure we have trains in Ireland." I think I need to explain the term somewhat

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    I asked my friend about interrailing, her response was "But sure we have trains in Ireland." I think I need to explain the term somewhat

At least it didn't attain an entirely different meaning, last year it inexplicably came to mean gay sex, how? i have no ambition to find out.

GARGH I dont know, i might just get a job, and not be hideously poor during first year of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

booked my holiday today and paid the deposit today

crete 09 here i come:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fad wrote: »
    At least it didn't attain an entirely different meaning, last year it inexplicably came to mean gay sex, how? i have no ambition to find out.

GARGH I dont know, i might just get a job, and not be hideously poor during first year of college.

Gay sex? I'm intrigued!
    I've been thinking about just working as well, I need to try and get 900 quid together for registration! :eek:

phasers wrote: »
    Gay sex? I'm intrigued!
    I've been thinking about just working as well, I need to try and get 900 quid together for registration! :eek:

I have a vague idea why, but what little connection there was to anything was so strained it just made no sense.

Yeah im thinking a job would be nice, id have money for Electric Picnic too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭catrina101

Where are you guys booking your holidays from? I'm tryin to get a cheap deal as well i'm broke lol :L
    So any websites or links that do good deals? :);):D:pac:

Ibiza 09.:cool: 15 (maybe 16) of us going to San Antonio Bay for 2 weeks in August till start of Sept (4th). Gonna set us back just over €700 with travel insurance.

Just double checked the price there got up by €80 now. :(

Is anyone else finding it really hard to get flights? Don't think Ryanair or Air Lingus have theirs up until January or so.

Well our 2 weeks is out of the question now.:D Going to be one week in Ibiza and then a weekend in Amsterdam all plans going ahead.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 catchthepigeon

headin to malta with d lads cause d rents have a place there - whoop whoop free holiday:D

Got my confirmation email for the barcelona apartment the other day \o/

Airlingus flights are pretty expensive, what with all the taxes and charges. Gonna wait til Ryanair have their flight info up, which should be soonish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mul07

Zakynthos for 2 weeks! 600 and something...

Advertisement