Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

do you have to be stupid to work in Halfords.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

What did you expect good buddy?
    Its HALFORDS!
    Now if you fancy a neon ciggie lighter, or any one of a range of ipod accessories for your car, or some overpriced after market alloys you go there.
    Actually how are they so popular?

Because there open on sundays and have a flashy premises. Go to a motor factors FFS at least they know what they are on about.

OP mentiond plywood. Same idea would you buy plywood in a builders merchants or woodies DIY?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OP mentiond plywood. Same idea would you buy plywood in a builders merchants or woodies DIY?

If woodies is cheaper then woodies. Not much discussion to be made over 19mm ply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The Halford management should know better when hiring staff rather than hiring people who look beautiful but do not have any academic skills.

I wonder if this same company operates a mystery shopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Because there open on sundays and have a flashy premises. Go to a motor factors FFS at least they know what they are on about.

Get off your high horses, Ive been in Motor factors that looked like I walked into a burglary (two shady types that looked at me like I interupted them from further smashing the place up) to ones that seemed equally clueless ("Claybar... never heard of it", "Dipetane.. long pause.. I think that was taken off the market").

I wouldnt expect anyone but the manufacturer to know the exact dimensions of some poxy Hiace or Triumph roof. Think of the amount of cars on the market and the type of purchases people make then realise you are the ones with the absolute obscure questions and issues.

And no, Ive never worked for Halfords and Im not particularly fond of the place, but get a clue people.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I wouldnt expect anyone but the manufacturer to know the exact dimensions of some poxy Hiace or Triumph roof. Think of the amount of cars on the market and the type of purchases people make then realise you are the ones with the absolute obscure questions and issues

The only thing I asked the Halfords guy was the prices of 2 items from their shelves. He decided he wanted to lookup my obscure (but not poxy) car in the Database. When he couldn't find the car on the system he asked if it was a Motorbike that I had.

To me that qualifies him as 'a stupid person working in Halfords' and therefore worthy of a mention in this thread.

No I don't expect them to be qualified rocket scientists in Halfords (or any other warehouse)

Yes I would generally be better off going to a proper motor factors, but there isn't one that I can get to during my work lunchtime.

and No Matt I don't have a high horse (my son has a rocking horse but it's not very tall)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I am personally done with Halfords, last time I went in to look for some cleaning product for MAF sensor, the guy laughed at my face and told he knew cars very well and there was no such things as MAF sensors in cars...

Previously to that I asked a guy for a set of sparks for my car, he asked for model etc...got me a set of NGK, checked the package, my cars brand was not on it, I mentionned this to him he laughed at me as well and said "well if the computer says that's it, then that's it".

I throw the package on the shelf in front of him, took a lot on me not to punch this guy in the face for taking me for a dumb. I later found out those parks have nothing to do with my car.

I am now checking all my part number and stuffs online then if I need something I just go somewhere else or buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I asked for a steering wheel pioneer remote control for my stereo....... He tried to sell me a Sat Nav...

:(

To be fair though, they do suck.

Swords Motor Factors for the win !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol, everytime i go into halfords all i hear is **** **** this that and the employee's walking around laughing. I was looking at the alloys wheels one day which is near the staff room, or what ever it is, and two people were having a full blown arguement for the whole shop to hear.I thought this was just in that particular one but it seems to be every where.

Funny story though, friend of mine payed 24 or 25 euro for two wipers.

Ah it's a funny place to be, but god help you if u don't know what ur looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...it must be great to be so wise.

So none of you ever got send for 'glass hammers' or 'skirting ladders', eh?

Remember, the smartest engineer isn't the guy who knows everything.....he's the one who knows how/where to look it up..........;)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...it must be great to be so wise.

So none of you ever got send for 'glass hammers' or 'skirting ladders', eh?

Remember, the smartest engineer isn't the guy who knows everything.....he's the one who knows how/where to look it up..........;)

Friend of mine got caught for the bucket of steam and another for elbow grease. Funny funny lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Friend of mine got caught for the bucket of steam and another for elbow grease. Funny funny lol

Theres a never ending stream of gullible "friends" on here isnt there?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The last time I was there the muppet at the reg plate counter insisted I needed two plates for my motorbike !!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement