Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised Eircom Broadband packages? (For Business)

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hey, Im looking to upgrade my Eircom Broadband package... My Stats are:

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 (Downstream) 256 (Upstream)

SN Margin (dB) Downstream goes up and down for some reason - Generally between 6 and 12
    Upstream normally around 18.00

Line Attenuation (dB) 48.50 (downstream) 31.00 (Upstream)

Now with the above stats ive been told that im lucky to have a 2mb line never mind getting an upgrade. The download speed is generally ok for me so im not overly bothered about that. However, the upload speed is terrible. As part of my job, i want to be uploading large files to a server a couple of times every week - each of them around 400 - 500mb.... so you can imagine how long it would take for a single file on my current connection

So im wondering if is possible to get a custom package off Eircom - e.g. keep my current download speed of 2mb but upgrade my upload speed to somewhere around 1mb - 2mb... Anyone know if this is possible?

Any advice appreaciated, I tried to get a definitive answer from the Eircom sales team to no avail

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What you want is sdsl. Upspeed is the same as the downspeed.

Advertisement