Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know...

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

If a girl is checking you out on the street? I thought I saw a few looking at me "that way" but it could have been because a friend said lots of guys were checking her out yesterday, so it was in my mind, or they thought I was scowling something terrible. Thoughts ladies please?

Comments

Ladies are just a lot more subtle and slyer than dudes when it comes to this (most of the time, some girls just stare as well!) making them better at it!

Its the looking back where its funny. Guys look back immediately, women wait 2 or 3 seconds then look........ its hilarious when u catch each other though! love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Maybe you know if they look in your direction? Jaw hits floor? They ask you would you like a Juicy Fruit?
    I don't really know tbh if they're looking at you cos you're feckin gorgeous or because you have a puss on your face:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

If a girl is checking you out on the street? I thought I saw a few looking at me "that way" but it could have been because a friend said lots of guys were checking her out yesterday, so it was in my mind, or they thought I was scowling something terrible. Thoughts ladies please?

Have you tried thinking?

A modern concept I'll give you but one I think will stand the test of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

Have lived a long time and if I live to be 3 times my age, ill never figure the fairer sex out...........:rolleyes:

......you never can tell what they are thinking never mind what it is they want!!! :confused::confused::confused:

No offence ladies.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Karen_* wrote: »
    Maybe you know if they look in your direction? Jaw hits floor? They ask you would you like a Juicy Fruit?
    I don't really know tbh if they're looking at you cos you're feckin gorgeous or because you have a puss on your face:p
    Well I wasn't scowling in the morning and around town and a few did have a bit of a smile on their faces (when they were walking on their own and not on the phone) when they looked over at me.
    No juicy fruits were offered though
    Ok maybe the question needs to be rephrased a bit, how do you act if you see a guy on the street you like?
    Have you tried thinking?

A modern concept I'll give you but one I think will stand the test of time.

Wow so if I think, I'll be able to psychically understand what other people think? that's so awesome dude you should have your own motivational dvd series. ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Parkie wrote: »
    Have lived a long time and if I live to be 3 times my age, ill never figure the fairer sex out...........:rolleyes:

......you never can tell what they are thinking never mind what it is they want!!! :confused::confused::confused:

No offence ladies.:)

None taken! Even we don't know what we want:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Well I usually starting rubbing my legs a la Vic Reeves out of Shooting Stars when I see a guy I like :p
    Doesn't work as well for me as it does for Vic though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

Karen_* wrote: »
    None taken! Even we don't know what we want:D

Phew, Fell better now that all the years of confusion at least were not one sided.....:o

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

on the bus yesterday saw the girl of my dreams. couldnt keep my eyes off, nearly fell down the stairs as well.

St Bill wrote: »
    Well I usually starting rubbing my legs a la Vic Reeves out of Shooting Stars when I see a guy I like :p
    Doesn't work as well for me as it does for Vic though :(

I don't know what this is supposed to look like, but it sounds more noticeable than most subtleties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ladies usually have their library card scanned and have me stamped with a return date when they are checking me out.

To them, I'm an open book...my emotions are on my face.

;):D:pac::p:):rolleyes::(:mad::o:eek:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

on the bus yesterday saw the girl of my dreams. couldnt keep my eyes off, nearly fell down the stairs as well.

Was her name Kim McVeigh?:D (Joke!)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't know what this is supposed to look like, but it sounds more noticeable than most subtleties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Was her name Kim McVeigh?:D (Joke!)

Yes. yes it was...how did you know?:)

Do you know her?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ok maybe the question needs to be rephrased a bit, how do you act if you see a guy on the street you like? .

Brian,

In order to assist you in your quest to understand the inner workings of the female mind, let me give you some tips:

#1: Please try and be crystal clear with your questions.

It all depends on how "likeable" the guy might be, it could vary from "hmm cute " to "PHWOAR"

Are you looking for a picture nougatti? If so there's one in the lads of the ladies lounge thread.

Zaph your video is no longer available. Thanks anyways.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are you looking for a picture nougatti? If so there's one in the lads of the ladies lounge thread.

Zaph your video is no longer available. Thanks anyways.

No Brian, not that your pics are horrid or anything, just see below.

I meant that if you want us to respond to
    how do you act if you see a guy on the street you like?
    then you might give us options such as (assumption, one is out at lunchtime from work) :

1. Gosh seeing him has brightened my day *smile*
    2. Wow, he's hot, I'll not do any work the rest of the day now, having seen this vision)
    3. Phwoar......................

Well go through them all surely that's the most comprehensive way of dealing with this? You might think someone was crazy hot and someone else might not, so getting into specific grades won't help that much imo. It's up to you though... Yeah assume you are out on a luch time ramble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Woah there. You saw a FEW looking at you?

One, women are sly when they check a guy out unless they want him to notice that they are checking you out.

Two, women don't check out a guy in packs like they do in movies UNLESS they are doing it as a joke but none of them are serious about you. If in the case that one of them is seriously checking you out, she will be the one in the pack who's NOT looking at you.

Chances are if they were looking at you, it was for some other reason and I wouldn't think about it anymore.

Ok maybe the question needs to be rephrased a bit, how do you act if you see a guy on the street you like?

Keep walking cause I don't know them. If they like me and I didn't go too far, they'll come to me.

• Advertisement

Kotick wrote: »
    Keep walking cause I don't know them. If they like me and I didn't go too far, they'll come to me.

I'm assume you'd have made it clear enough for him to KNOW you're interested by this stage though yes?

Kotick wrote: »
    Woah there. You saw a FEW looking at you?

One, women are sly when they check a guy out unless they want him to notice that they are checking you out.

Two, women don't check out a guy in packs like they do in movies UNLESS they are doing it as a joke but none of them are serious about you. If in the case that one of them is seriously checking you out, she will be the one in the pack who's NOT looking at you.

Chances are if they were looking at you, it was for some other reason and I wouldn't think about it anymore.

They weren't in packs, I thought I mentioned they were on their own? Yes a few possible girls looking, is it that odd that two or three might have taken a look even out of curiosity when you are passing by people in town?
    Also, who's talking about being serious? I'm just talking about casual looks and such. jeez try not reading between the lines for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I find women will check people out at a greater distance than men. While men will be shameless about it, looking you up and down at close distance with a dirty smile on their face, women usually do the scoping from a good 20-30 feet up the road. Also, a lot of women (particularly Irish) will deliberately focus straight ahead just as you pass, presumably trying to make sure you don't catch them looking at you . You'll often see the tell-tale little smile appear just as they're passing (and looking dead ahead).

I have to say though, in the past few years, women have been getting more and more blatant/un-self-conscious about it (maybe the influx of foreign birds?).

Wearing (opaque) sunglasses around town is an interesting psychological experiment (obviously better done earlier in the year, though). You can learn a lot about people's behaviour when they don't know you're looking at them.

They weren't in packs, I thought I mentioned they were on their own? Yes a few possible girls looking, is it that odd that two or three might have taken a look even out of curiosity when you are passing by people in town?
    Also, who's talking about being serious? I'm just talking about casual looks and such. jeez try not reading between the lines for a change.

Your first post was written a tad odd then. Made it sound like there was a group of women standing together who had looked your way when you said "a few."

If you aren't talking about being serious, then who cares if people are looking? People check out other people all the time. I'm failing to see what you're trying to get at here. Are you asking us how you might approach some random person on the street who you thought was eyeing you? Or just simply asking us how do you know if they're eyeing you to begin with? If it's the latter, we can't tell you cause we weren't there.

@Neil1984 - No. I don't usually meet people randomly on the street. Even if it were at a pub or anywhere for that matter, I never approach them and usually ignore them. I like a guy with balls who is willing to make the first move and is prepared to be told to feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

FruitLover wrote: »
    . Also, a lot of women (particularly Irish) will deliberately focus straight ahead just as you pass, presumably trying to make sure you don't catch them looking at you . You'll often see the tell-tale little smile appear just as they're passing (and looking dead ahead).

So what you're saying is, every woman that has walked by me looking dead ahead could have been mad for me ? Sweet.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hard thing to tell as some where during the evolution of the species women developed better peripheral vision. Suppose this was to keep a better all-round eye out for danger to the young. So as a result a man wants to check a woman out he pretty much has to stare, women get to use their peripheral vision and the men are none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Wow so if I think, I'll be able to psychically understand what other people think? that's so awesome dude you should have your own motivational dvd series. ffs.

What and you think asking that question here is going to help? Each instance/girl is different. Just get on with your life and stop trying analyze everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Chillax the pants there Bro, just trying to help a nigga out!

As for the motivational DVD series I am taking that matter under advisement. You could be onto a winner there. I can just see my rather handsome head and desirable physique on the front cover already!

Advertisement