Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antenatal Education

• 25-09-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hello expectant parents! Many congratulations!

I'm curious to find out about experiences/expectations of antenatal education classes and would just like some feedback to the following questions:

What do you want to know when you attend for antenatal education classes? What do you feel are the most important aspects to cover?

Have any of you been and found them useful?

Would you have found preconceptual education useful?

Do you feel that your experiences of antenatal education has helped to prepare you for the birth of your child?

Would you attend classes run by your maternity hospital/health centre? Or would you prefer to attend a privately run class?

Any other comments?

I am asking as a midwife who is interested as to whether the antenatal education needs of expectant parents are being met, and whether there is room for improvement! Comments from both mums and dads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Hi Cat lady.

Haven't done any classes myself

I really enjoy the books I've bought in terms of helping me understand pregnancy and prepare for labour and the aftermath.

Have never heard anyone say that the classes were that helpful. Probably worth attending if free but not worth paying for IMO. I've missed the cut off date I think in my hosp but will ask about a one day class nearer the due date. Not bothered though as I get all my knowledge from reading and am happier with that method.

ps. Love your cats, always thought I'd end up a crazy happy cat lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Hi :)

I attended classes with my first wee man - didnt learn much I wouldn't have learned on the internet or in books, but what I did find useful was the breathing techniques and keigel exercises - Easier when you're being shown how to do these things than reading about them. The breathing was far more important than I had imagined when I went into labour. I wouldn't bother doing them again, I have a good memory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Just bumping this thread, classes are booked for us in November and was wondering what to expect. :confused:

Advertisement