Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA & Eirsoft Free Family Day - October 5, 2008

• 25-09-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Eirsoft and HRTA are happy to announce our free family skirmish day this
    coming October 5th.

All our customers and players are cordially invited to partake in the
    festivities from 1 PM on Sunday, October 5th as we celebrate the glorious
    fact that....well, the glorious fact that we want to have a party :)

Its our way of showing our gratitude to all our customers and friends for
    their custom, and especially our heartfelt thanks to our F.R.A.G. friends
    for our invitatation to their recent general assembly, and their
    continuing enrichment of our sport by their enthusiasm.

You are welcome to bring along the family to enjoy the food and
    activities we'll have on offer.

For the kids, we'll have swings, a bouncy castle, Irelands biggest
    sandpit, spot prizes, and of course, some tasty grub !

And for the adults, our resident AEG customisation wizard, DefenderDude, will be giving a little demonstration of painting techniques. Naturally, there'll also be a little skirmishing to burn
    off the excess calories.

Who knows...maybe you'll be able to persuade the wife or girlfriend to
    take part !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Note: No Black Hawk Down, Afghan/Iraq scenarios are being run in the sand pit. I already campaigned for that idea and it got (ironically) shot down.

Also to note, we're going to try to keep Dr.Pepper away from the BBQ this time, to alay any health and safety fears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tony, you have just earned the title of The Godfather of Irish Airsoft.

When the kiddies go home we can play bouncy castle airsoft, pitols match anyone?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

NakedDex wrote: »
    Note: No Black Hawk Down, Afghan/Iraq scenarios are being run in the sand pit. I already campaigned for that idea and it got (ironically) shot down.

Perhaps they'll send in some operatives to rescue it ?
    Or at least destroy it so it doesn't fall into enemy hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Could prob get the gf to go if i could rent out some sort of small light aeg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

IM SO IN CAN MY DAUGHTER PLAY SHES 7 AND FEKKIN LETHAL WITH AN AIRSOFT RIFLR AS WAS SEEN AT THE AIRSOFT RANGE AT SALUTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Deleted the spam. Stay on topic guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

o1s1n wrote: »
    Deleted the spam. Stay on topic guys.

could you not wait till i seen it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll pop up for this, sounds like a good day.

Will try persuade the misses to come along, even divulge into a little gaming, and might get her to bring her nephew...

although i fear he might turn into something like Richies youngfella, and demand an arsenal of airsoft, and then pwn me with it :(

See what happens, trying to keep airsoft for the lads you know :P

Sounds like a great day out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Great idea lads. Well done on organising this. Top marks.
    I have a wedding the night before but I might try to bring my nephews to it. Let them see it all firsthand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Bouncy castle for the "kids".....

Yeah I believe that.

Me first.

Oh yeah, topic...

Woohoo free grub and games!

Thanks to Tony and Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

hrta wrote: »
    could you not wait till i seen it:D
    something about lethal and charcoal burgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

My hands are ready for another burning, but this time i have a new BBQ set to use so this wont be a concern. :)

im brining a very special guest

shes about 5 ft tall and dieing to shoot the **** outa you lot...and she might have a go on the bouncy castle...but for an obvious reason id be concerned...

:P

bouncy bouncy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

im brining a very special guest

shes about 5 ft tall and dieing to shoot the **** outa you lot...and she might have a go on the bouncy castle...but for an obvious reason id be concerned...

:P

bouncy bouncy

Yore ma?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Wow this sounds ace =] Cant wait for that painting thing with defenderdude, Really looking forwward to it =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

yep we will be going ....but we have poor ole defenderdude painting....jeeze kids, paint...cant wait to see this LOL....

'and you spray, no, er no...you dont put your hands on it , no, dont eat it, yes, thats nice but i dont think red and blue and orange are good colours....no, crying into it is not good either,....LOL LOL

not wanting to sound a bit thick, but do you want us to bring food for the BBQ?

not wanting to sound a bit thick, but do you want us to bring food for the BBQ?

Yep, good idea. Paul and I will be supplying the basics for the barby, but like the birthday game, if people want to bring extra food to be cooked, all the better.

Hmmmm smokey bacon richie...num nums

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

really looking foward to this ....
    just hope i can get off work ...GURRRRRR....
    probs be just me and me uncle ....
    shoot them, shoot them all

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

SOUNDS GREAT!. Will hopefully be able to go........now just to convince the mother and father :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Cool sounds good! Cant wait to see the lesson on painting!:) Always wanted to know how its done properly. Oh yeah lets all hope for good weather! Although its been really good lately! Hope i didnt jinx it!:) Oh yeah will there be games starting at 10 or is at all starting at 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'll try do some brownies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

What will be the deal with rentals of aegs and masks at this? (how many you have/ cost?)

k99_64 wrote: »
    What will be the deal with rentals of aegs and masks at this? (how many you have/ cost?)

Give Paul a ring and ask....his number is on the website at www.hrta.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Its based in HRTA,right?.
    As for skirmishing wise how long and what time should we be their for?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well the good news is according the sky news we are due for a very clear day tomorrow....woohoo!! wont be warm but who cares....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

well the good news is according the sky news we are due for a very clear day tomorrow....woohoo!! wont be warm but who cares....

Nice. I wonder, should I bring the SAS mask for the laugh, or save it for the warehouse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Apology for no show on Sunday

Hi folks

I just wanted to apologise in advance for my not being able to turn up at the family day at HRTA tomorrow.

My plans for the weekend have had to change drastically with the ahead-of-scheduled arrival of my third daughter.

I was really looking forward to trying to give a heads-up to anyone interested in painting their aeg's. I wanted to try help/answer any questions regarding how I'd do it in the hope that some of you guys would give it a go yourself and paint a few aeg's... Also, what not to do, best ways to mask, info on paints and hands-on demo's as well.

I've spoken with Tony about my circumstances and we can organise it for another day soon.

Once again my apologies but I'm sure you can understand my situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Apology for no show on Sunday

Hi folks

I just wanted to apologise in advance for my not being able to turn up at the family day at HRTA tomorrow.

My plans for the weekend have had to change drastically with the ahead-of-scheduled arrival of my third daughter.

I was really looking forward to trying to give a heads-up to anyone interested in painting their aeg's. I wanted to try help/answer any questions regarding how I'd do it in the hope that some of you guys would give it a go yourself and paint a few aeg's... Also, what not to do, best ways to mask, info on paints and hands-on demo's as well.

I've spoken with Tony about my circumstances and we can organise it for another day soon.

Once again my apologies but I'm sure you can understand my situation.

Congrats on the new bairn mate ;) Hope everything is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Congrats on the new bairn mate ;) Hope everything is ok.
    +1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement