Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot sandwiches

• 25-09-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I have a hankering for a hot sandwich (toast\roll\whatever), any ideas? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Mozzerella, chorizo and pesto. HAHM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No ideas of ingredients, but to make them I now dry fry the bread lightly on both sides on a pan, just to warm it. Then butter on one side and place that on the pan, now load ingredients on. Now butter the other bit and place it butter side out.

This makes them really crispy golden on the outside, but means your hands get a bit greasy, could eat with a knife & fork.

Mayo also works really well spreading on the outside and frying.

Since it is not compressed by a sandwich maker there are no hard bits on the edges, all those hard bits do is keep dentists in business.

George Foreman type grills are good for this reason too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

My favourite at home is a warm wrap with garlic mayo, hot sauce and some manner of breaded/battered chicken in goujon/dipper/chunk form.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Crannog

If you love roast veggies like me, you'll always leave a little left over to make following:-

cover bread (even frozen will do) with feta and leftover: Ratatouille; Artichokes; Peppers, or just pesto if no leftovers, and toast under the grill.

Devour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dublinmayflower

Used to eat this nearly everyday on my break in a cafe in St. Kilda, Melbourne.Happy days.
    plain foccaccia bread, cut in half. Mashed avocado on one side and jarlsberg cheese or similar on the other. Flatten a fillet of chicken, grill of fry until cooked and place in sandwich. Cook in a panini or sandwich maker until warmed through. I promise you its so good. Ciabatta will work well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

sliced banana on brown bread, with peanut butter on one slice, and nutella on the other, done in the toastie machine.

nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Beerlao wrote: »
    sliced banana on brown bread, with peanut butter on one slice, and nutella on the other, done in the toastie machine.

nom nom nom.

Jeasus, did you ever have them pancake yokes with chocolate in, in vang vieng?
    Horrible stuff!

Advertisement