Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Side chipper

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Do any chippers around Coolock/Artane/Donaghmede do deliveries?

I live in Northern Cross, and there aren't any actual chippers around the place within walking distance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

where the **** is northern cross?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:)

Malahide Road/N32, my apartment adjoins the Hilton, and looks out on to the N32. I can see Clare Hall Tesco from my balcony, across the Malahide Road is Belmayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

FX Meister wrote: »

Darndale "North".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

class place near santry. something pizza. not sure but sell the best burgers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

You need Alec's takeaway in Artane/Beaumount. (It's opposite Beaumount House)
    They deliver. And do good fish and chips.
    Number is (01) 8372238.

• Advertisement

Thanks snickerpuss, I think the Beaumount House might be a bit far away, but I'll give them a bell the next time I'm feeling peckish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

FX Meister wrote: »
    Sizzler wrote: »
    Darndale "North".

I always get a laugh when I read this. Ah the Darndale Hilton, they tried but failed
    Lately the area around Darndale has seen significant development, most notably the Hilton hotel, which is located in Belcamp / Balgriffin on the border of the Darndale area. Attempts by hotel management to pass the hotel off as being located in far away Malahide failed miserably with the hotel being named locally as 'The Darndale Hilton (the hotel's official name is The Hilton Hotel - Dublin Airport). This trend of new development in the area dis-associating itself from Darndale continued with the new housing estates being built literally yards from Darndale (at Balgriffin) yet estate agents advertising the new developments as "near" Malahide (5km away) and Portmarnock (4km away) and making no reference to the Darndale area.

Yeah, I hate that tbh.

Des wrote: »
    :)

Malahide Road/N32, my apartment adjoins the Hilton, and looks out on to the N32. I can see Clare Hall Tesco from my balcony, across the Malahide Road is Belmayne.

Ahh yeah, I remember it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

micmclo wrote: »
    I always get a laugh when I read this. Ah the Darndale Hilton, they tried but failed

LOL
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The area originally comprised farmlands in northern Coolock, and took its name from a large house situated off the Malahide Road. As with most areas of Coolock, it was intensively developed by Dublin Corporation.It is commonly referred to as a sh1thole by anybody fortunate enough not to reside there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think the Hamburger Bar on the Kilbarrack road does deliveries.

It does but not sure if they would go that far. The food is good there. Next to it is an italian place too that does proper italian food. Il Fornaio. Love that place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 num one

Guilios Edenmore , sooooooooo good and deliver 018478531 to Belmayne

D'oh.

I even have their number on my phone from years ago.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

FX - "Il Fornaio. Love that place"

Yep, top drawer, that place. Great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

WindSock wrote: »
    I think the Hamburger Bar on the Kilbarrack road does deliveries.

Yes, they deliver ... they have caller ID and we're now on first name terms ... tasteh too.

There's a place called Soprano's near the Foxhound that also do deliveries, and may be more likely to deliver to Northern Cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 num one

The Hambuger bar do not deliver up to Belmayne believe me I have tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Just wanted to add another vote of confidence for the Hamburger Bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm across the road from you, Des. I'm the handsome guy :D

The Cosy in Artane is the business, pretty sure they deliver although have never used the delivery, usually pop in on way back from the Goblet.

Don't forget the Darndale Opera House btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Definitely the chipper at the Racecourse shopping center in Baldoyle. I can't remember the name of it though. It's only down the road from you.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Oh Hai!
    The Cosy in Artane is the business, pretty sure they deliver although have never used the delivery, usually pop in on way back from the Goblet.
    I love the Cosy, but I don't think it delivers.

You drink in the Goblet? We definitely know each other then...or at least each other's faces.
    Don't forget the Darndale Opera House btw
    Are you talking about the Tesco Building?

There's only a KFC in there, and it closes at 7 iirc.
    Dord wrote: »
    Definitely the chipper at the Racecourse shopping center in Baldoyle. I can't remember the name of it though. It's only down the road from you.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

ALso the most expensive chipper on the northside too, and not too generous on their portions either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Who else here lives in D13 or (god forbid) D17?.

Mairt wrote: »
    (god forbid) D17?.

Leave it out.

I'm from D5. But I live in D17.

I usually put

Des
    Apt Number
    Northern Cross
    Co Dublin.

:p:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Aww, when I lived in D5 I used to dream of being able to have a Co. Dublin address. You've really made it Des!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

In Donaghmede D13 and another +1 for the hamburger bar

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

deswalsh wrote: »
    Aww, when I lived in D5 I used to dream of being able to have a Co. Dublin address. You've really made it Des!!
    .....and those of us who live in Co Dublin dream of having an address with no house number. That's when you have really made it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Dord wrote: »

Fritz is the chipper there, personally I prefer Julio's in Baldoyle Village, they do great half pounders.

Another D13 person here btw.

Edit: Sorry for the bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I live in D13 also. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Alpine Grill in Ardlea delivers.

They do kebabs and pizza too.

Advertisement