Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking etiquette vs non-smokers

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Id like to picture myself as a considerate smoker, but there are times when its like "meh, **** it".

- I always smoke at least 10 ft away from someone I suspect as a non-smoker (e.g. at a bus stop)
    - I never stand directly outside door ways
    - If Im the only smoker in the room and rules allow me to smoke, ill still go outside.

However
    - I do often throw butt's on the ground if there is no bin/tray within 10-15ft and I don't feel bad about it either
    - I always have a cigarette before a show (cinema etc.), which means the poor bugger sitting next to me has to put up with the smell. I have asked my mates does it bother them and they are all completely fine with it
    - I do drag my mates toward the outdoor seating area when going to a cafe (Again, they don't mind).

Im just wondering if you have your own smoking policy/etiquette?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Since the new regime took over no smoking is allowed in the house :(

but outside has its great benefits all the yummy ladies walking by house dressed really sexy has put a glow on my face every time i think of lighting up:o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I agree with all of those Krieg.
    Also never smoke inside my house.
    Never when there is a child seated/standing close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I only ever smoke in my parent's house at xmas, when older smoking relatives are there too.

In the open air, I tend to not give a damn where I smoke. Although, now that I think if it, I do always stand "outside" the bus stop.

Other people's houses; if they have kids, I go outside. If they smoke inside themselves, I smoke away. If they smoke outside, so do I. In a house I've never been in, I always ask where do I smoke.

Most of my friends smoke, and our local (Harry Byrne's, Howth Road) has an excellent smoking area, heated like a proper lounge, so the non-smokers don't mind. I don't mind sitting indoors though, and popping out.

I never stand in doorways, that's just plain ignorant anyway.

I always smoke before the cinema etc, but I never feel sorry for the person beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I don't really think a lot about how or where I smoke, I'm probably a bit incosiderate at times but no one has ever pulled me up or said anything/excommunicated me !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

i smoke outside where i like, but hate that i cant smoke in pubs etc anymore and now europe wide grrr...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

patrickc wrote: »
    i smoke outside where i like, but hate that i cant smoke in pubs etc anymore and now europe wide grrr...:mad:

Try Thailand/Laos/Cambodia.

Cigars and Drink are cheaper too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I'm not very considerate at all,my reason being that I just despise the anti-smoking Nazis.
    I just smoke when and where I want within legal boundaries and dispose of my butts in any place handy :p

Advertisement