Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondello training.

• 25-09-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Howdy all, Mondello are now doing a one on one training course. They supply the bike and all the gear!!!

I think it's a brill idea and although at €400 it may sound expensive, you get expert training and all the gear, thus saving your the cost of both the bike, insurance and the gear.

All the training is undertaken by AON regestered assesors and more importantly, your first experiance on a bike is not a scary, life threathning fright that may turn you off the enjoyment of driving motorbikes.

If they believe that you are capeable and you want to, they will also bring you out for an open road drive!

Anyone thinking of biking can't turn this down.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Are we talking track day training or beginners training!
    For 400 yo yo i wouldnt mind track day training, to get my laptimes down without risk to my baby (yamaha r1)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

This one is for total novices to biking and is mainly for road use.

There is another "Bike to bike" training session for the track using roadbikes only. I would reccomend a track day for everyone, €175 for the day. Great fun, and if your sensible little or no chance of falling off.

Be warned tough, its addictive...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Soon enough (well not soon enough really....tic toc) I'll be released from my power restriction and a different bike beckons.

I'm looking to go and do another round of training and mention this to the instructor but does anyone have any tips when stepping up to full power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I went up last saturday to have a look at the last track day.I'd love to try it although tbh some of the lads looked scarey quick,I rekon if I did go out without some sort of training I'd probably cause an accident. They should have training for fat blokes on blades who can just about get the leg over,never mind down,that would suit me just fine:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

wouldnt let that put you off - they'll seperate all the groups by skill levels afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Parkie

dubtom wrote: »
    I went up last saturday to have a look at the last track day.I'd love to try it although tbh some of the lads looked scarey quick,I rekon if I did go out without some sort of training I'd probably cause an accident. They should have training for fat blokes on blades who can just about get the leg over,never mind down,that would suit me just fine:P

Lads out on Saturday were all inters and advanced, very much more track experance than the novice group.

Give it a go and you wont regret it. The pressure is not on going fast...more so on the getting around safely and enjoying yourseslf. "Yoiu are responsible for the guy in front of you". thats whats said.

Only down side of the track day is that is is kinda disorienting (SP) as you have no road markings or mirrors and the eddicate of road riding go's out the window.

However once you get over that...man, it's a blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Parkie wrote: »
    Howdy all, Mondello are now doing a one on one training course. They supply the bike and all the gear!!!

I think it's a brill idea and although at €400 it may sound expensive, you get expert training and all the gear, thus saving your the cost of both the bike, insurance and the gear.

All the training is undertaken by AON regestered assesors and more importantly, your first experiance on a bike is not a scary, life threathning fright that may turn you off the enjoyment of driving motorbikes.

If they believe that you are capeable and you want to, they will also bring you out for an open road drive!

Anyone thinking of biking can't turn this down.

Enjoy.

Its a good idea, €400 is a bit expensive but I suppose if ur on the wall as to weather u'd take to biking its cheaper(and safer) than buying a bike and all the gear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

unklerosco wrote: »
    Its a good idea, €400 is a bit expensive but I suppose if ur on the wall as to weather u'd take to biking its cheaper(and safer) than buying a bike and all the gear...

+cbt costs (coming soon :()

Advertisement