Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't close my mouth!!

Options
  • 25-09-2008 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I have recently started sleeping with my mouth open. Well, actually I don't know if i just started or if i always did it...anyways the problem is that during the night it dries my mouth out and when i wake up it's all sore and dry and wierd. I've tried keeping my mouth closed but it takes me ages to fall asleep and my mouth is still open when i wake up. Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Happens to me too, but there's nothing you can do. Is your nose blocked at all?
    I just keep a glass of water beside the bed so I can drink as soon as I wake up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

i did a breathing programme few years ago for asthma, one of the thing we had to do was sleep with out mouth closed to prevent hyperventalitating at night. Micropore tape can be put on your mouth at night and you will wake up fine. If you feel unsure of it try it for few hours before going to bed provided you dont have to talk to anyone. It sounds a little unorthodox but it does work. I did it for well over 6 months and now its a habit to automatically close my mouth and sleep that way. Hope it works if you try. Micropore tape get it in any chemist in the first aid section, just tear a strip off and fold a piece so that you have a tab to take it off in the morning, it wont dry out your skin. Best of luck

Advertisement