Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New golf GTI

Options
  • 25-09-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

:D
    Hurrah, i'll probably be never able to afford one but theres one coming soon!!!
    It will get a 10bhp gain and will get an electronic limited slip diff, dosen't look bad either:) Theres also an R version in the works and it will replace the R32, I reckon it will have the same 2.0TFSI engine as the GTI only power boosted to about 265bhp and have 4 wheel drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wouldn't be a huge fan. Too rounded and too similar to the Scirocco. Like the angular lines of the Mk5, just looks more purposeful to me. Bit like the Mk4 never really appealing to me much for being too curvy too.

Just personal opinion of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

At least its not one of those pizz-poor 1.4 turbo charged so called GTI's

Watched Fifth Gear and joy of joys it had one of my old motors been driven as it should a mkII Golf, the last decent vag in my book

But then this Bee is getting old I suppose but my younger Bee's who post here would probably disagree as they love their Jap motors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Bee wrote: »
    But then this Bee is getting old I suppose but my younger Bee's who post here would probably disagree as they love their Jap motors
    Currently have a Mk3, love the Mk5 and wasn't overly impressed with the Mk2. Also have a Jap motor.

So does that make me an old bee? Or a split-personality bee? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What was the car in the background again?

I was too busy looking at your one.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tmulcahy365

I don't understand why it has to look so similar to the Scirocco, kinda defeats the purpose of having two seperate cars if they are reasonably similar.

vag do this too much,
    Audi A3, A4, A6, Q6 share too much design commonality when compared with the BMW equivalents.

As for a four pot R version replacing the R32, that would be a mistake in my book as the R32 is more of a pocket GT car, than an R Turbo-mobile.
    And now that I think of it, the current Audi S3 already has a 2.0L I4 turbo knocking out 265PS...

Is this some move on vag's part to merge all their pocket rockets into an odd Scirocco/Golf-GTi/Audi-S3 mish-mash..

Googled a bit and found this, seems about right!
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1776405.ece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

bazz26 wrote: »
    What was the car in the background again?

I was too busy looking at your one.:D
    Yes she is fairly bangin' alright. I just put it on pause:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm sure it'll be excellent dynamically, but it looks a bit bloated visually to me.

p.s. Your wan is cute ok :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

i wonder if they borrowed porsche's 911 designers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I still cant figure out why the Golf GTI is not the R32 and everything else below that being lesser models.

VW are becoming as confusing as the porche range

GT, GTI, GT TD, GT TDI, GT RED JAPS EYE, R32.

No matter how hard you try your not going to turn your entire range of golfs into sports cars. Someone needs to shoot the marketing department and the designer.

The MII was a fantastic car because it was raw and had the grunt to back it up. Few cars today make you fell like you do in MII GTI

• Advertisement
Advertisement