Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Quick Legal Advice

• 25-09-2008 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Hope one of the good members of AGS can help with a query.

Mate of mine has his appeal being heard in Circuit Court in a couple of weeks. Original case in District Court, he was found guilty of no insurance and no driving license in his absence. He has the driving license and certificate of insurance which he is waiting to present at the appeal. Does he need representation at the appeal or would he be ok on his own with all the relevant documentation. He has spoken with the prosecuting Garda who is happy that the documentation is all in order. Is there any danger the judge will not overturn the original 2 year driving ban and relevant fines?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Folks,

Hope one of the good members of AGS can help with a query.

Mate of mine has his appeal being heard in Circuit Court in a couple of weeks. Original case in District Court, he was found guilty of no insurance and no driving license in his absence. He has the driving license and certificate of insurance which he is waiting to present at the appeal. Does he need representation at the appeal or would he be ok on his own with all the relevant documentation. He has spoken with the prosecuting Garda who is happy that the documentation is all in order. Is there any danger the judge will not overturn the original 2 year driving ban and relevant fines?

Thanks in advance!

Ok I'm just going to post as a student and my thoughts on it;
    Should he have representatioon YES
    Why? He is going to have to explain why when he was 1st stopped and asked to produce Licence and Insurance to a Garda Staation within 10 days he failed to, so there fore he was then summoned to court.
    Then also have a good enough and valid reason why when summoned to court he did not show up to defend himself; So was charged to the full letter of the law.

Just posting foe historical reasons and will be very interested to see what acting members will say how this could play out

Advertisement