Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs 2009

Options
  • 25-09-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

you got yours sorted yet?

ours is booked and everyone has deposit paid off the tickets but weve another 130 due in before christmas.80 euro a ticket ouch but hopefully itll be a fun night.
    and are you excited,nervous,cant be bothered?

im excited for the night but dreading asking anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lol. Bit early aint it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

you got yours sorted yet?

ours is booked and everyone has deposit paid off the tickets but weve another 130 due in before christmas.80 euro a ticket ouch but hopefully itll be a fun night.

OH GOD :S

Its way too early for that !

[Predebs though {dont know theyre purpose :D} sound like fun, Loreto Dalkey i think are going on the HSS for theirs]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

whats a pre debs?
    obviously something before a debs but i dont get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Next years debs already?! Christ, I feel ancient now :(

were trying to be organised:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I know a few schools booked aswell, my own year we just got a committee going. Only going to be 40 odd at ours as only 20 odd in own year going (26 in the year).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jesus, I haven't even HAD my debs yet. Better to get it sorted early I suppose, there were people chasing people for money up until the exams in my year... Still. Jaysus. Year away, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

whats a pre debs?

Hi,Aisling

A pre debs is jsut were the 6th years go out for a night out.Drinks/Restaraunts etc. Something of the sort. My friends school is doing it this year.Theres is next month I think

Regards

Shano

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Our predebs is in December and I wont be 18 til March :( Debs is still being sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we just voted our debs commitee this week,
    think they're going to look at one or two places next week.

• Advertisement

Hi,Aisling

A pre debs is jsut were the 6th years go out for a night out.Drinks/Restaraunts etc. Something of the sort. My friends school is doing it this year.Theres is next month I think

Regards

Shano
    ah alrite cool

some of my year wont be 18 by our debs 11th september but theyre still going thankfully

whats a pre debs?

Its just a night out, using the excuse of it being pre debs, itll be good craic but expensive too i'd say :S

Still think the HSS idea is the best thing ive heard in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ours is only 25 quid per person, and I tink that gives you three tickets- not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

We've got a tuck shop now in our common room with the money going towards paying for the Debs. We're also having some other things to raise money. Still haven't planned where we're going yet but at least it won't cost as much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

We have date & place sorted for predebs :D
    We have place sorted for debs but no date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

We've already gotten everything done and dusted.
    Place booked, taking the deposits now.
    Only 70 for one ticket.
    And the hotel arranges everthing! Very fricken handy!

Predebs is during Easter break me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

My debs tickets are so expensive! the two teachers who organise it came into us the other day and was lik its 190 for the 2 tics !! i was like aaahhh more money to scab off the rents. Ours is in Dunboyne Castle its a five * ..i dont know why there bothering were not even going to remember it :rolleyes: Spose it will be nice for pictures and that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Our school hadnt even begun to think about our debs at this stage..... our comitte wasnt made for about another month this time last year

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

We don't have a pre-debs, but we have a similar thing for our grads, except its fancy dress :D As for our debs, we don't have a committee yet. We don't vote on it either, we just put our names down if we want to be on it. There's only 60 in our year so it'll be small enough too

Our predebs is on its way to being planned, however there's talk of €40 a ticket (that admits 3 people though) which is kinda outrageous.

€40 for the predebs though, i dont want to know how expensive the real thing will be :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

My debs tickets are so expensive! the two teachers who organise it came into us the other day and was lik its 190 for the 2 tics !! i was like aaahhh more money to scab off the rents. Ours is in Dunboyne Castle its a five * ..i dont know why there bothering were not even going to remember it :rolleyes: Spose it will be nice for pictures and that!

Weird that teachers are organising it. Usually schools have no involvement with it, and leave it up to the students themselves to organise.

booking our limo tonight paying the deposit during the week.
    cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

booking our limo tonight paying the deposit during the week.
    cant wait!

Jaysus, my debs is on Monday and I only booked the limo two weeks ago

were getting stuff out of the way.
    so much money involved this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

jaysus, unbelievable some schools have it sorted already, we havnt even been bothered setting up anyone to organise it......well prepared we are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackie4web

We hired a limo for our Debs two months ago with only a months notice. It was a big Chrysler but not a stretch limo it was some car. The people we hired it from made the whole experience so special. The guys name was Andy and we booked it in Tipperary Town. I think Limo hire service but not sure. My sister has already booked from the same guy and her debs is not till next year. but she did not want to be dissapointed. I have the number if anyone needs it you can pm me.

Still havent heard anything about Debs yet :) not nessecarily a bad thing.

No news is good news.

We did however get measured for graduation rings :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We mightn't be having a Debs as people are pulling out left, right and centre. Think there's 15 definites from my year only.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Fad wrote: »

[Predebs though {dont know theyre purpose :D} sound like fun, Loreto Dalkey i think are going on the HSS for theirs]

They are trying to plan it but lets be honest it will fail and its going to be expensive if it really does go ahead, So hopefully none of my friends invite me ha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

got place, date & deposits in now!

Advertisement