Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

We have our place & date sorted. Spent 5 weeks trying to collect deposits! Seriously, 5 weeks, and a whole heap of drama (people didn't want to pay the people collecting the money, wanted to pay someone else :confused:) for €20 for two tickets. Can only imagine the trouble they'll have collecting the rest :rolleyes:

Kind of a bit meh about the whole thing. My friend has been talking about her debs since I met her (in first year). Tbh, if I didn't go, it really wouldn't bother me... Kind of was planning a trip to London around the time of the debs (just before starting college) but I've paid a deposit now soooo I do't think it'd work, time-wise. Prefer London really, but my friend is on the committee and I felt bad for her... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Thats mad, this early...

Our debs is organised by the Parents Council, apparently hotels dont trust students....
    We get some input but nothing has been heard yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

God, my school didn't want to have anything to do with our debs. Wouldn't even let us have a reception in the school beforehand. And the girls on the committee were looking for money off people right up until the exams, which I'm sure was a nightmare for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Ours is all sorted, we're having it in Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork. The food is meant to be terrible, but I hear the meal is always rubbish?
    Found my dress, hope it's still there after xmas, my mom wouldn't buy it full price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Last aI heard deposit for the hotel had to be in by January. It's going to cos €20,000 for the night, and that's just the hotel >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

paying 100 off mine tomorow means ive only 30 left:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ours is sorted! :D:D

Getting a hotel in town(wexford), for the night, 70 euro for 2 tickets, not bad, live band and dj included, then we are organising a private partay for after it, renting a place afterwards and afterwards, buying drink before hand so we can drink all night! Hotel are supplying the drink at the price they buy it in at! So thats another few euro each, but its a fairly good cost over all......

and the best part.....

we did a deal

all 140 in the year get 4 free pass' to the best/biggest nightclub in wexford
    and organisation of taxis when/if we want to go home(garanteed taxi, dont know how they'll do it)
    and discounted rate if anyone wants to rent rooms, think they are closing off most of the hotel for the night for us anyway

PLUs, the grad committee get;
    Free tux.
    years tickets to above nightclub
    4tickets each to anything in the hotel for a year, stephens' day/new years etc
    free rooms
    free taxis

It must be said that the hotel and nightclub are owned by the same person, so the hotle becomes the nightclub for events like new years etc!

Fairly sweet deal!

Thats savage!!!

That is an epic deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Sounds like an amazing deal, but i'd imagine it comes with a catch of some sort, do you still have both your kidneys? or your spleen?

Or worse yet! you must have some sort of responsibilty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

Our tickets are €70 which includes:

2 free drinks
    4 course meal
    Room in the hotel
    Bus into the city afterwards & Back to the hotel
    Photographer.

We must rent our own Tuxedo's.. Hopefully it's not too much..:rolleyes: We have everything booked though so it's the job:cool: And we're arriving in a strectch Chrysler Limo with an open bar and complimentary champagne;) It holds 8 of us but the 4 lads are paying €120 each and that covers it:D Plus we all have gf's so... It may be early but better to be organised now, then we can focus on the LC Hol in Jan during the sales and heavy study till June;)

Oh God, found out today our Debs is going to cos €300 for two tickets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Am I the only one who

a) Still doesn't really know what's going on with regards to these things
    b) Really doesn't give a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've heard nowt.

I have an unhealthy suspicion that my mum will end up having a hand in organising it...........

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

Piste wrote: »

Yea was the same for the last muckross debs that was in the shelbourne and it was a good laugh like and I've already been invited to this one again haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Am I the only one who

I don't really care for the debs tbh, It's big waste of money and besides I could easily get pissed with some friends for a lot less. Only reason why i'm is the peer-pressure and all that. Now, where will I find a date to this thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Am I the only one who

Right there with ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Woah, reading through this thread some of your debs cost waaaaaaay too much.
    The tickets for mine were eh, €70 last year. For two.
    Including everything from a "champagne" reception (possibly not champagne, it tasted a bit funny), 3 course meal, band, etc etc.

They're a bit over rated tbh. Saying that, they are quite a laugh! Ended up going to 4 different debs last year ( + four different dresses :P)
    My advice to any girls (or guys who're into that kinda thing) is to buy your dress now, as they're cheaper. And chances are, you're going to wear it once.

As far as this years debs go, I don't know. I don't particularly care. Meh meh meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

you got yours sorted yet?

ours is booked and everyone has deposit paid off the tickets but weve another 130 due in before christmas.80 euro a ticket ouch but hopefully itll be a fun night.
    and are you excited,nervous,cant be bothered?

im excited for the night but dreading asking anyone.

Save ya the bother of asking.
    I'll go.

And by the way guys, that red limo with flames down the side of it. Looks great, but the the guy who drives it, and the whole limo company are a bunch of knackers. Avoid!

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Save ya the bother of asking.
    I'll go.

And by the way guys, that red limo with flames down the side of it. Looks great, but the the guy who drives it, and the whole limo company are a bunch of knackers. Avoid!

ha cheers dude:rolleyes:

ah that sounds so tacky!
    though my friend went to a debs in a gold limo.possibly the worst one ive seen including the playboy one!!

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    What in the JESUS SAM HELL.
    I thought mine was bad at 160 for 2 tickets... but.. christ, 150 a ticket?! I would be DEMANDING a 3 day amazing festival in Holland, or at least Belgium, travel included, for that price. Madness. SHEER UTTER MADNESS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Gaillimh1990

What a load of hassle!! Our committee of bout ten was great- loads of trouble at the start tho - the every single decision we made people went crqackeD!! Nobody relised the work me and another did (cos the novelty of been on a committee soon wears off lol) and not even a thanks did we get!

make sure ye have securitey - even though our security let people into the ball room - peiople who didnt even have tickets/....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    And by the way guys, that red limo with flames down the side of it. Looks great,

Right well, you just lost any respect I had for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

our onez sorted too..

we are paid 20/40( for two) deposit each back in nov. the tickets like 75each
    me thnks we will have it n sliver springs..got a date who i thnk it hot =D
    so i am sorted there..and errr..looking forward to da debs shopping now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

ours is in old darnley lodge...
    we've paid €40 of it so far but have yet to be told what the total price is gonna be...

our predebs is the week of the feb midterm after our mocks in spy/wax, so that should be good... think it's a tenner a ticket or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I'd watch out for Spy. Make sure they open Wax or you'll have a lot of people not allowed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 odeacl

agree with post above, went to spy last night. meant to be open for a party, people were late coming so they closed it..... was awful cause then people just ended up in loads of different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

really? is it just not very big or are they strict with id (a lot of people aren't 18 in the year)? i think they are opening wax but i'm not sure.

Yeah my debs is so expensive I'm considering whether I should bother bringing anyone at all. My friends were utterly shocked at this suggestion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

my debs tickets are 65 quid each.have the limo payed for but am thinking about not going cause of the costs.i cant afford it all

Advertisement