Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megaman 9

Options
  • 26-09-2008 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

This game is just simply kick ass, brings back all the fond old memories of "little me" playing the nes!!

But this game is seriously sadistic, in 1 hour of gaming i beat 1 boss and that was Galaxy man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

+1

I haven't died so much in a game since Lemmings!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just got it today and was hoping to come on here and say how I breezed through it. I'm a Megaman veteran and recently had no trouble getting through the Anniversary collection of megaman games.

However even I'm having trouble with this game. It really is rock hard, up there with Megaman 2 and 3. I also have to say it's a fantastic game up there with Megaman 2 and 3 as the best in the entire series. The level design is spot on and really imaginative and challenging. Some of it is just fiendish. Tornado mans level is pure evil. Also love the chip music although it never reaches the heights of Megaman 2. I've only beaten Galaxy man and Hornet man. Galaxy Man is well beatable with the standard blaster. I only beat Hornet Man because I found an energy tank in plug mans level. Still haven't found out which bosses are weak to their weapons though. Just discovered that there is a shop where you can by energy tanks and extra lives but I'm not going to spoil it that way. I'm playing this old school style no matter how much swearing it takes.

I'm really not looking forward to the boss gauntlet at the end though :/ these guys are tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Galaxy man was the first i beat. Last night I said I was gonna sit down and beat some bosses and I beat 3 more. The only problem is that my fingers are very sore from mushing my fingers on the shoot button!!

That gauntlet is gonna be totally crazy alright!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It gets a lot easier as you get new weapons. Took down all the robot masters and am at
    wilys castle

Bloody diificult it is now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

249942714450px-MegaMan9PromoArt.JPG

well,heard about it before but didnt know we could download it from WiiWare till today:pac:

good fun!!anyone try it yet?first time a wo-man in rockman series lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Searchy Searchy.... Its been out for a few weeks now. DLC was released this week (endless mode, and protoman character).

Damn good game though.

ah damn didnt go to those forum that often :pac:let the thread sink then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Good thing this wasn't released as a boxed game, nobody would buy it with artwork that naff:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tman wrote: »
    Good thing this wasn't released as a boxed game, nobody would buy it with artwork that naff:P

That artwork is a masterpiece. I'd buy it in a second on a shelf :pac:
    As for the game, bought it the other day and really enjoying despite never playing Mega Man before. Challenging, but entertaing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ah damn didnt go to those forum that often :pac:let the thread sink then...

Don't feel too bad, I never saw those threads either (as Retr0gamer took great glee in pointing out) :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't feel too bad, I never saw those threads either (as Retr0gamer took great glee in pointing out) :)
    ah lol that's why we really should put multiplaform games in this forum...

let it sinks let it sinks..

Advertisement