Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 2mb(3mb) very slow

Options
  • 26-09-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi

Since the upgrade of the Eircom BB 2mb to 3mb my broadband has gone rubbish. I am now only getting about 400k download in the evenings.
    I checked it on irishisptest.com

2.5mb during day which is fine.
    400k day during night with a crap QOS. Eircom used to be good.
    BT voyager 2091 is what I am using.

Have they done something to the contention ratio

Anyone else having issues in Rathgar, Dunblin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Welcome to our exclusive club, simply titled, "BURN!"

Have a look:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055371860
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368054

The problem is nationwide, not just in your Dublin area. Look through those threads for advice and whatnot. Don't mind the fact that you're not a UTV or BT customer, we're all using Eircom's lines at the end of the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My speeds are great but my connection has gone to crap tonight (got upgraded a while ago). It keeps dropping out and when I do have a connection I'm only getting half my speed at best.

My speeds are great but my connection has gone to crap tonight (got upgraded a while ago). It keeps dropping out and when I do have a connection I'm only getting half my speed at best.
    AC, who's your ISP again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Eircom. I'm in Sligo as well.

Has there been any recent issues at all regarding your speed or QoS? By recent, I mean in the last month. If so, how many days did it spread over?

• Advertisement

None at all that I've noticed. Problem only started about 2 hours ago I think. I've downloaded a lot this month, they may have throttled me (that is if they have started throttling users).

No, they don't. Friend of mine is on Plus package and downloads 100GB, or more, per month, quite often. He's well content.

Perhaps the problem will go away soon, maybe tomorrow morning at the beginning of the work day (once the engineers finish their morning cup of coffee). If not, you shouldn't waste any time in reporting it to Eircom's Technical Support, over the phone (more speedy reply) and through email (evidence that you did indeed contact them).

Ah sweet, I was worried they would start throttling. Meh, it's probably only something small short term thing.

Ah sweet, I was worried they would start throttling. Meh, it's probably only something small short term thing.
    I know Eircom and BT are the most lenient in terms of cap overuse. However, is that has taken a turn in the last month or two in terms of Eircom, I really cannot say. BT, though, are still as clumsy as ever. They rarely catch anyone, and when they do, they generally let it fly over their heads. I know, because I was caught at one time earlier this year. Nothing was done to the account.

Advertisement